Blood test lab recommendation

eezergood

Looking for (that you have used) recommendations for getting some blood work done - NOT an std clinic & it is not for a work permit. 
Somewhere that has reasonable pricing please.....

Thanks in advance 

Anywhere in Thailand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go to Phuket International if I want same day. Or have my doctor take blood and give me results next day.  I pay about 1,000 baht but depends on tests you ask for. 

Edit -BTW don't go to any of these dedicated blood test places, They charged me about double what I expected to pay. 

I've previously only gone to my private hospital for tests and always had to pay a doctors fee as well as lab costs.

Recently, after one of my normal checks fell out of the desired range, I used a small pathology shop close to home to check it again. It saved travel and the cost of a doctor visit. Nice people, attended to me at my car because of difficult access to the shop.

The coagulation test I wanted was their most expensive at 500 baht (heart related=expensive). I also got creatinine/eFGR and uric acid checked at the same time.  One cost 100 baht the other 70. I forget which was which.

They sent the results to a phone later the same day. They results were very close to the hospital tests I had about a month earlier, so I'm happy with their testing.

The one of concern had improved, a doctor's visit wasn't necessary at this time, so money was saved. I plan to use it more often in the future as it seems several of my doctors only monitor the tests. Something I can do myself.

It's a small shop on CF West just south of Tesco Chalong. A couple of doors from the animal hospital.

2 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I've previously only gone to my private hospital for tests and always had to pay a doctors fee as well as lab costs.

Recently, after one of my normal checks fell out of the desired range, I used a small pathology shop close to home to check it again. It saved travel and the cost of a doctor visit. Nice people, attended to me at my car because of difficult access to the shop.

The coagulation test I wanted was their most expensive at 500 baht (heart related=expensive). I also got creatinine/eFGR and uric acid checked at the same time.  One cost 100 baht the other 70. I forget which was which.

They sent the results to a phone later the same day. They results were very close to the hospital tests I had about a month earlier, so I'm happy with their testing.

The one of concern had improved, a doctor's visit wasn't necessary at this time, so money was saved. I plan to use it more often in the future as it seems several of my doctors only monitor the tests. Something I can do myself.

It's a small shop on CF West just south of Tesco Chalong. A couple of doors from the animal hospital.

Would that be Naborn ? if not I would be very grateful if you could get the name. I would like to make a series of test using the same labs, when I undertake some new training & diet regimes. 

3 minutes ago, eezergood said:

Would that be Naborn ? if not I would be very grateful if you could get the name. I would like to make a series of test using the same labs, when I undertake some new training & diet regimes. 

Siam Laboratory Clinic? Phone number in the pic, prices on the door.

blood.JPG

I've used Andalab, its on Yaowarat Road the same road as Vachira Hospital in Phuket Town. opposite side of the road closer to the junction where the old tax office was, near side entrance to Merlin Hotel.

086 4705043, 076 213808

Fast and good prices. They do individual tests or a package, I had a package that included blood test, urine tests and xray a general check up, less than 1000 Baht I think.

19 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Clearly not the same sort of prices I paid. Never went back.

Seemingly these "cheaper prices" are given sporadically - the prices quoted to me where definitely not cheap. I shall ask the mrs to reaffirm this before I post more

57 minutes ago, alphason said:

I've used Andalab, its on Yaowarat Road the same road as Vachira Hospital in Phuket Town. opposite side of the road closer to the junction where the old tax office was, near side entrance to Merlin Hotel.

086 4705043, 076 213808

Fast and good prices. They do individual tests or a package, I had a package that included blood test, urine tests and xray a general check up, less than 1000 Baht I think.

thank you

Archived