Canada's Trudeau, in election fight, says he needs voter support to stand up to Trump

webfact

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

Now there is some whackadoodle nonsense.

Prince Justin was born to a drug addled groupie and a cuckolded billionaire communist sympathizer. He never accomplished anything of substance in his life before his father's name launched him as the icon of progressive circle jerking. 

You can't blame this on decent people who are just trying to save Canada from mass psychosis. That you would post such a ridiculous notion shows you have had lethal amounts of kool-aid.

His father's name? At first I thought you were referring to Presto Manning. Like Scheer he starting running for office in his early 20's. Talking never having had a real job you do know Scheer has only been a politician don't you? Being a gopher in an insurance office doesn't count as real work. 

Not kool-aid but it's obvious you have had too many doses of the Calgary Sun. Your baloney reminds me of a Ric Bell column.

I know it's to your great sorrow but only 1/3rd of voters are likely to vote non-progressive. Scheer has made destroying the carbon tax his major issue. He will get zero support from other parties to do that. It's majority or bust for the Conservative Party and that train left the station some time ago. Could always have a Trump like surprise I guess.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, pegman said:

His father's name? At first I thought you were referring to Presto Manning. Like Scheer he starting running for office in his early 20's. Talking never having had a real job you do know Scheer has only been a politician don't you? Being a gopher in an insurance office doesn't count as real work. 

I was looking for a guy to build me a house. One guy applied but it seemed that he had only ever built houses, so I couldn't trust him. I hired a drama teacher instead whose father built a house a long time ago.

3 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I was looking for a guy to build me a house. One guy applied but it seemed that he had only ever built houses, so I couldn't trust him. I hired a drama teacher instead whose father built a house a long time ago.

Well, only one of them has ever been a Prime Minister. So there's that, but I doubt that would sway you.

58 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I'm going to remind you of this statement  when it concerns a reference to a certain other notable chief executive.

42 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Can Trudeau take in on the chin like Mulroney?

Stephen Dedalus was quite wrong when he said (as in your epigram -or whatever it is called) "mistakes are the portals of discovery" because, as Einstein said, making the same mistake over and over and expecting a different result is the sign of madness.

Trudeau made the mistake of closing down several pipelines, while hoping that no one would notice that we were paying that famous democratic state, Saudi Arabia, billions of dollars a year to keep the  homes of Eastern Canada warm...

8 minutes ago, blazes said:

Stephen Dedalus was quite wrong when he said (as in your epigram -or whatever it is called) "mistakes are the portals of discovery" because, as Einstein said, making the same mistake over and over and expecting a different result is the sign of madness.

Maybe I will change it to. "'Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light'…"

40 minutes ago, blazes said:

Trudeau made the mistake of closing down several pipelines, while hoping that no one would notice that we were paying that famous democratic state, Saudi Arabia, billions of dollars a year to keep the  homes of Eastern Canada warm...

Trudeau the Elder  was vilified by conservatives in the State of Alberta for the National Energy Program. It was designed to take care of Canada's energy needs first. Peter Lougheed had a meltdown demanding full open market. Well they got what they asked for and  now their Yank cousins are giving them $37 a barrel for their crude. Seems every day the Closet Boy is Premier the price falls further. That moron likely damaged Trudeau just enough to wipe the Liberals out of the State of Alberta and into a minority with the never TransMountain pipeline NDP. The irony is too great to behold.

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Yes we know one of them is worse than useless. It is a choice between an unknown and a confirmed clown show.

What's your "real" opinion of Trudeau ?

Your real, true, honest, no-holds-barred opinion.

I despair for my country. Trudeau is a lightweight, cruising on a famous name and a cute face. Scheer is a squish with the personality of a breadstick.   

If only the Tories had had the guts to pick Bernier as their leader... the election would be a foregone conclusion and we would have four more years of good Conservative government to look forward to. 

7 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I despair for my country. Trudeau is a lightweight, cruising on a famous name and a cute face. Scheer is a squish with the personality of a breadstick.   

If only the Tories had had the guts to pick Bernier as their leader... the election would be a foregone conclusion and we would have four more years of good Conservative government to look forward to. 

I think Peter McKay is next if Scheer doesn't come through.

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

It had nothing to do with guts and more to do with a rigged system. The weighted voting they had in place equalized ridings to the point where Stated of Alberta ridings with 1,000's of Tory members had the same force a Quebec ridings that had more Dairy Cartel cows that Tory members. 

Scheer gets caught dead to rights in the  biggest campaign scandal in decades but won't own up to it even though  there is documented evidence.  The dirty trickster consultant has own up to it. But Scheer  expects transparency from others but not from himself or his party.  He is tumbling in the polls during the last weekend of the campaign and has no one to blame other than himself. Que potato boy McKay and his rented dog.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-scheer-wont-say-if-conservatives-hired-kinsella-firm-to-seek-and/

8 hours ago, pegman said:

Scheer gets caught dead to rights in the  biggest campaign scandal in decades but won't own up to it even though  there is documented evidence.  The dirty trickster consultant has own up to it. But Scheer  expects transparency from others but not from himself or his party.  He is tumbling in the polls during the last weekend of the campaign and has no one to blame other than himself. Que potato boy McKay and his rented dog.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-scheer-wont-say-if-conservatives-hired-kinsella-firm-to-seek-and/

Well I wasn't planning on going back anytime soon. Canadians are nice people but have their heads up their butt every election cycle. I did get to experience a few years of Harper at least. The rest of the time has been a big steaming turd.

5 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Well I wasn't planning on going back anytime soon. Canadians are nice people but have their heads up their butt every election cycle. I did get to experience a few years of Harper at least. The rest of the time has been a big steaming turd.

Yes, Canada is clearly a basket case, a failed country with unhappy people. World Happiness Index for 2019 places Canada at a measly 9th place - what a travesty!!

https://www.atlasandboots.com/happiest-countries-in-the-world-ranked/

1 hour ago, Becker said:

Yes, Canada is clearly a basket case, a failed country with unhappy people. World Happiness Index for 2019 places Canada at a measly 9th place - what a travesty!!

https://www.atlasandboots.com/happiest-countries-in-the-world-ranked/

This "Best Country" list has us ranked as #2. Our politicians seem to have really failed us, 555/lol. Not bad considering they had some of the toughest conditions on earth to deal with. 

2 hours ago, pegman said:

This "Best Country" list has us ranked as #2. Our politicians seem to have really failed us, 555/lol. Not bad considering they had some of the toughest conditions on earth to deal with. 

the reason Canada comes out well in these idiot lists is that it is the #1 WOKE country in the world, and gives air and space to millions of absolute morons who people government committees and schools and universities and Human Rights Commissions and the Supreme Court and media outlets like the Grope and Flail.  

Just one example of this madness: it is now customary to begin public meetings of ANY kind by "giving thanks" to whichever local Indian tribe is "allowing" Canadians to occupy their land.

I could rant on but what's the point....

28 minutes ago, blazes said:

the reason Canada comes out well in these idiot lists is that it is the #1 WOKE country in the world, and gives air and space to millions of absolute morons who people government committees and schools and universities and Human Rights Commissions and the Supreme Court and media outlets like the Grope and Flail.  

Just one example of this madness: it is now customary to begin public meetings of ANY kind by "giving thanks" to whichever local Indian tribe is "allowing" Canadians to occupy their land.

I could rant on but what's the point....

Your location is given as Montgomery. Is that the one  in Alabama?  If so I guess you're still in morning the end of slavery. Here is a quote from one of the most popular American presidents of the last few decades. The man knows what he's talking of. 

Obama: 'The world needs more Canada'

https://www.cbc.ca/news/obama-the-world-needs-more-canada-1.3659172

7 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Well I think we should make sure folks on here don't come to the wrong conclusion that you're indicative of modern Cowtown. In fact a Muslim  person of colour has won the mayor's chair  there the last three elections so not all  knuckle draggers.

1 hour ago, pegman said:

Well I think we should make sure folks on here don't come to the wrong conclusion that you're indicative of modern Cowtown. In fact a Muslim  person of colour has won the mayor's chair  there the last three elections so not all  knuckle draggers.

I have no opinion about the mayor, if he got in three times he must being doing OK. But yes I have seen some of this national wokeness disorder affecting my hometown. Maybe they will find a cure someday.

9 hours ago, blazes said:

So that's the only criteria they went by? Oooooookey then....:coffee1:

6 hours ago, pegman said:

You do realise, don't you Peggers, that your grammar right there is saying, Calgary mayor is not a "knuckle dragger" - but all other mayors are indeed "knuckle draggers".

And, just by the way, good for the Mayor of Calgary, born and bred in Toronto.  In Ontario.  Canada.

Archived