Internation Bus to Pakse Times Location ? from Ubon

chubby

Hello, I have read that there is a 0700AM, 810AM, ?830AM and a 0930AM International Bus, stops for the Immigration and waits, continues on to Pakse.

My BKK train is due in at 0750, so apparently I have only the 0930AM bus option, as I must get from Train Station South of the River, up to near Big C North of the River , assuming this is the correct Bus Station ?

Do they have Grab Taxi in Ubon or any advice on Bus Times or do I have the correct Bus Station locale ? I can ask at the Train Station, but be good know in advance because of possible close timing

TIA

This schedule shows 0930 and 15:30 outbound to Pakse to from Ubon.

http://home.transport.co.th/index.php/th/time-table-english/item/443-ตารางเดินรถโดยสารระหว่างประเทศ-international-route.html

If your train arrives on time you can take a taxi to the bus station and get the 9:30 bus.

Do you have a Lao Visa or are from country that can enter visa exempt. That is required to board the bus to Pakse.

I would estimate 30 mins during weekday rush hour from setting off by taxi at the main station (in Warin) to arriving at the Ubon main bus station (which is where you indicate that you think it is - on the north side of Ubon Ring Road N., with sois accessing Big C on the southern side of the ring road).

5 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Be easier/quicker/safer to fly - think Laos and Bangkok Air fly direct ?

You might assume so, but there is only one flight a day from Bangkok to Pakse (via other airports) that takes less than 7hours 40 mins (takes 4 hrs 10mins) and, when coupled with the fastest return flight of 5hrs 15mins, the combined return journey costs US$ 547*.  Yikes - Government officials only need apply!

If I was in a hurry I'd fly to Ubon and take the International Bus but nothing wrong with taking the train to Ubon, particularly if it's a sleeper. What's that phrase that says travel is all about the journey and not the arriving (or something to that effect)?

.* Expedia cost for outbound Thu 29Oct return Tue 5th Nov

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2019 at 4:35 PM, ubonjoe said:

This schedule shows 0930 and 15:30 outbound to Pakse to from Ubon.

http://home.transport.co.th/index.php/th/time-table-english/item/443-ตารางเดินรถโดยสารระหว่างประเทศ-international-route.html

If your train arrives on time you can take a taxi to the bus station and get the 9:30 bus.

Do you have a Lao Visa or are from country that can enter visa exempt. That is required to board the bus to Pakse.

have US passport, no Lao Visa required to board bus turns out, got it at Vang Tao for $35  , was just light traffic, took the sleeper,  other than grumpy bus ticket seller, and driver, who refused to speak or understand basic Thai , bus was just bit hot and eventually   the bathroom smells , only farang on the bus.

On 10/15/2019 at 7:59 PM, SantiSuk said:

You might assume so, but there is only one flight a day from Bangkok to Pakse (via other airports) that takes less than 7hours 40 mins (takes 4 hrs 10mins) and, when coupled with the fastest return flight of 5hrs 15mins, the combined return journey costs US$ 547*.  Yikes - Government officials only need apply!

If I was in a hurry I'd fly to Ubon and take the International Bus but nothing wrong with taking the train to Ubon, particularly if it's a sleeper. What's that phrase that says travel is all about the journey and not the arriving (or something to that effect)?

.* Expedia cost for outbound Thu 29Oct return Tue 5th Nov

Nonsense.  Lao Airlines fly direct from BKK to Pakse, on 5 days a week, and it takes about 1.5 hours.  A Lao VOA can be purchased at Pakse International Airport.  It's a great service, although a little pricey.

Lao Airlines I'm told has improved safety record fwiw, though 1 way to Pakse $150  (could see one landing as rode in on the 0930- 1300 bus

0930PM Hualomphong 2nd class sleeper air, 741B , 0930am  Blue Bus ?200B , taxi  from Rail station to Bus Station XXXTHB (using meter)  , so maybe $35 and 18 hours , and some minor 'actual travel';  no BS with power banks  and  airport security theater hassle, though the line is still using the  old  carriages  with  squat toliet hole in the floors.

Archived