BANGKOK
webfact

Common law husband and wife must split assets 50:50 on death or divorce, online lawyer

I read that the stuff that belonged to you before marriage stays yours and the other stuff is split 50/50 after you divorce?

I thought it was true, is it not?

Makes much more sense than here in the states... The woman typically takes everything here.

I'm glad not to be speaking from experience (never married) but I've seen it first hand with my parents.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rrremo said:

An online lawyer is a guy who has no job, no life and is single for most of his life. 

And wishes he had a defacto relationship so he could get 50% or her wealth .

• Like 1

the mediator in my divorce asked:  do you have bank statements and proof that you gave your (ex)wife money monthly to pay for all the bills, house, electricity, car, etc...

I said: no, I gave cash each month and did not have a "contract " to give my (ex)wife this amount per month, like, who the F.  does this ?

so, all, houses, car, whatever goes to ..... the ex-wife

no proof, no 50/50

even EVERYTHING was obtained during the marriage and no marriage contract 

if farang involved in divorce, he will be  F.....

• Like 1

Absolute rubbish. How would one split assets 50:50 if one of the partners was dead?

Whatever will is in existence determines the distribution of assets. If I have assets in Australia, how does this trolling "Thai lawyer" think he is going to get his hands on them?

• Like 1