Brexit hangs in the balance as EU doubts a deal this week

webfact

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

From the Guardian.

That bastion of truth and honesty, totally unbiased newspaper in the UK.

???? ???? ???? ???? ????

its on its last legs and begging for money to survive ..only fit for bum paper

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Revert to WTO. Keep the 39 Billion. Regain control of our borders and waters. Forget the ECJ. Start negotiating the trade deal for the 70 Billion pound trade surplus they have with us. 

Do you understand the process for WTO membership? Take us through it.

Because the UK isn't a WTO member the EU is.

So many Brexiters repeat WTO like demented parrots - because Farage, Gove and Johnson also do.

So please, for the benefit of everyone, explain exactly what the process is?

3 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Well, we will all vote for the Lib Dems come the next GE if johnson fails in his suicide bid as their codswallop suits us down to the ground. That's British democracy in action - a decision by MPs to remain. Goody.

The UK laws are always prevalent, albeit the EU law should also be considered if there is a conflict, but could be disregarded/overridden. That's factual. Look it up.

And on a final note tonight, if johnson manages to get a deal and pass it through parliament, that's another win-win for us. Because we couldn't give a toss about leaving or remaining, as long as this brexit folly is freaking resolved.  

Stephen, try as you might, your're wasting your time. Brexiters believe all the <deleted> Boris, Gove and Farrage, ably managed by the sinister Cummings, told them. They're either too lazy or too brainwashed to research the actual facts. They could look at Youtube and see various interviewers expose the ignorance and downright lies these politicians told. They could actually read about the laws, the courts and even read the Treaty of Lisbon, which has been completely distorted in the propaganda. But they won't. They prefer to be sheeple and to believe that the evil EU is responsible for all the problems and issues the UK has. And once out good old Boris will have it all sorted in 5 minutes!

43 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Do you understand the process for WTO membership? Take us through it.

Because the UK isn't a WTO member the EU is.

So many Brexiters repeat WTO like demented parrots - because Farage, Gove and Johnson also do.

So please, for the benefit of everyone, explain exactly what the process is?

You are mistaken, The UK is indeed a member of the WTO .

The EU as a whole is a member of the WTO and every member of the EU is an individual member of the WTO in its own right 

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

They had 3 years time. And then somehow Boris thinks all should be changed in the last 3 weeks.

Or is it more likely that he just needs a reason to blame the EU that they didn't agree to his wonderful idea?

2024.jpg?width=1920&quality=85&auto=form

Cameron already came in Dec 2013 with his referendum idea. Nobody followed the question: what if.. then next... 

2 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Those naive Extinction Rebellion protesters gumming up London should be wearing T-shirts bearing the words "Useful Idiot" - the phrase used by the Soviet oligarchs to describe foreigners conned into spreading the Communist credo across the capitalist West.

Whatever thousands of well intentioned well-intentioned marchers, strikers and gluers may believe, big business is not pouring billions into backing the environmental movement or assure the futures of their or our children and grandchildren. The real goal is to rescue a dying capitalist system rapidly running out of markets to exploit.

The object of the exercise is twofold - to “greenwash” the current activities of some of the most egregious polluters, and to build a fourth industrial revolution based around “solutions” to the imaginary climate “catastrophe” we are being brainwashed into believing is just around the corner.

Follow the money. . .

http://www.wrongkindofgreen.org/2019/01/17/the-manufacturing-of-greta-thunberg-for-consent-the-political-economy-of-the-non-profit-industrial-complex/

Sorry, in line three it should read . . . "to assure", not "or assure".

Daniel Boffey in Brussels and Jon Henley in Paris

Tue 15 Oct 2019 16.13 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/15/boris-johnson-close-to-brexit-deal-after-border-concessions

Boris Johnson appears to be on the brink of reaching a Brexit deal after making major concessions to EU demands over the Irish border.

A draft treaty could now be published on Wednesday morning, according to senior British and EU sources.

It is understood that the negotiating teams have agreed in principle that there will be a customs border down the Irish Sea. The arrangement was rejected by Theresa May as a deal that no British prime minister could accept.

more...

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

No problem, I'm always happy to explain. It's a clean break because we are out of every agreement.

1) We will be self ruling.

2) We will have control of our waters and borders. Jurisdiction will be by UK courts.

3) We keep the 39 Billion. Why is that so difficult to understand?

4) Then we can start to negotiate a trade deal (assuming the EU want to keep the 70 Billion pound trade surplus and don't want Germany to slip into recession).

5) Until then, trade under WTO terms with the EU. If they want to use GATT 24 while negotiating, fine. 

The way you Remainers carry on, you'd think every other country that isn't in the EU is doomed as well.

6) There's life outside the EU. Open your eyes. 

1) All EU decissions are taken in the EU Concel = with the Heads of government of all U member states, so inclusive the UK. Never any ruling is made without the agreement of the UK Prime Minister. And just as in any club, agreements are made, in FIFA, In Olympic Committee, in …  Or are the British leaving there too ? 

2) Control of our borders ? Between Ulster and Eire you want an open closed border ? / How ? ? ?

3) So, all commitments the UK made in the past, ware worth just as mucha s the good Friday agreement ? So, Mr Farage, and the other British.. for your out-of-job, retirement etc.. please go to Boris, NOT to the EU

4) The UK needs a LOT of products from the EU as no alternative, btu the EU.. has many alternatives to EU products. 

5) I hope the UK will "enjoy" to be a "third nation" to the EU, inclusive WTO import duties. Same with a Schengen Visa, if visiting the EU.

6) Life,.. yes. but think over why so many want to be IN the EU. You British will soon discover the hard way.

8 hours ago, dunroaming said:

I believe sales of shovels are up as people line the ditches of England waiting for Boris to arrive!

Shovels are now imported from the  EU.

UK,  no longer have the skills required ,  we now have useless, unemployed graduates .

6 hours ago, kingdong said:

What agreements?a disputed sum plucked from the air by the eu?

It had been explained to you on numerous occasions how this fully costed figure came about - if you are too dense to absorb it then there’s not a lot more can be done for you 

3 minutes ago, Bruntoid said:

Are you claiming they’re not then ? As all the evidence suggests otherwise 

Yes, all Remainers are nice clever people and all Brexiteers are stupid racists .

May as well just keep repeating that over and over again until Brexiteers see the light and want to Remain 

It's perfectly clear what's going on. There's no deal because the EU won't allow a deal - they'll always concoct some reason to scupper it. The reason? They are petrified that the EU will crumble (as it will sooner of later) and so they are making make damn sure to punish anyone who tries to leave with several years of trauma even in the process of leaving. 

It's punitive, it's petulant, it's pathetic. They will give in only at the last minute, having screwed the UK psychologically for as long as possible. You'll see.

Once we are out we need to make the EU burn in hell for this.

2 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

boris willl have to go to jail with a no deal exit .boris is riding high in the polls and even in jail he would win an election

Boris, has the help of his ex-mate ,  Nigel, aka lies n ties ..

Thats what friends are for , too be trusted,  until ...

It's perfectly clear what's going on. There's no deal because the EU won't allow a deal - they'll always concoct some reason to scupper it. The reason? They are petrified that the EU will crumble (as it will sooner of later) and so they are making make damn sure to punish anyone who tries to leave with several years of trauma even in the process of leaving. 
It's punitive, it's petulant, it's pathetic. They will give in only at the last minute, having screwed the UK psychologically for as long as possible. You'll see.

Its perfectly clear that some Hard Brexiteers are somewhat losing it.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Conspiracy Theory Bonkers. EU going to crumble this year, next year, any year soon.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Conspiracy Theory Bonkers. EU going to crumble this year, next year, any year soon.

You have no idea as to whether the EU will cease to exist in the future .

You or no one else knows the future .

You cannot guarantee that the EU will still exist any time in the future .

Its just your hope and opinion that it will exist , BUT, it may not 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

You have no idea as to whether the EU will cease to exist in the future .

You or no one else knows the future .

You cannot guarantee that the EU will still exist any time in the future .

Its just your hope and opinion that it will exist , BUT, it may not 

You can't guarantee that the UK will still exist any time in the future either.

But at this moment in time I'd bet on the Eu outlasting the UK.

8 minutes ago, tebee said:

You can't guarantee that the UK will still exist any time in the future either.

But at this moment in time I'd bet on the Eu outlasting the UK.

I haven't stated whether I think that  the UK will or will not exist at anytime in the future .

I have given no opinion, let alone any guarantees .

I do think that both will still exist in one form or another in the future though 

5 hours ago, JamesBlond said:

What are you thinking? Maybe declare war? 

9 hours ago, Krataiboy said:

Whatever thousands of well intentioned well-intentioned marchers, strikers and gluers may believe, big business is not pouring billions into backing the environmental movement to assure the futures of their or our children and grandchildren. The real goal is to rescue a dying capitalist system rapidly running out of markets to exploit.

I now ignore the Greta thread where some of your other comments really belong,  as it is tragic to keep reading the views of all those old men getting triggered by this wee lassie. 

The point above is interesting (Although I'm not sure what gluers are). Is Capitalism dying, I'm not a great fan, but I doubt it. You can tell the countries that are not capitalist from space, the lights are out - North Korea, Zimbabwe, Venezuela, etc (Cuba is an exception I grant). I agree it is having to work harder, and markets are less easy to develop. Investing in Solar power etc may simply be a long term business decision, not based on politics, or concern for fellow humans, or the planet. Shareholders care about money only.

16 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

What are you thinking? Maybe declare war? 

"Once we are out we need to make the EU burn in hell for this."  James Blond. 

Burning the EU in hell (hard to visualize really) is more practical than war. Dominic Cummings is clearly working directly for Satan, so you have the contact sorted already. 

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Tweets belong and should stay on twitter .

If I want to read tweets, I will get a twitter account 

Couldn't agree more. Please inform a certain Brexiteer on this forum who seems to post almost entirely in Tweets (usually originating from extreme right wing groups/individuals).

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

Couldn't agree more. Please inform a certain Brexiteer on this forum who seems to post almost entirely in Tweets (usually originating from extreme right wing groups/individuals).

OK, I'll tell him when I see him next 

Archived