Brexit hangs in the balance as EU doubts a deal this week

webfact

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

The well proven fact that the demographics showed that more graduates voted Remain does not in any shape of form suggest that they were any better educated or qualified than the mostly older, Leavers who at most probably had some of their GCE's. To suggest such is not only presumptuous but frankly quite rude. To keep touting that old mantra three years after it was cheered very loudly by the denialist Remainers just confirms that they have run out of meaningful, credible things to debate.

Over my 40-odd years working around the world, having a degree has conferred automatic brilliance on very, very few of my peers and clients. Some of them, despite being CEO's and the like aren't very bright at all and with some I ponder who tied their bloody shoelaces in the morning.

I'm sorry it's these pesky facts again,they do keep getting in the way of the leave narrative. 

Me? I'm older, flunked A levels and Uni so not a typical remainder either. 

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sanemax said:

You are rude and abusive and quite typical of your kind 

I'm not  being rude, just stating a general fact about democracy.  facts again, leaver's kryptonite  

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

The well proven fact that the demographics showed that more graduates voted Remain does not in any shape of form suggest that they were any better educated or qualified than the mostly older, Leavers who at most probably had some of their GCE's. To suggest such is not only presumptuous but frankly quite rude. To keep touting that old mantra three years after it was cheered very loudly by the denialist Remainers just confirms that they have run out of meaningful, credible things to debate.

Over my 40-odd years working around the world, having a degree has conferred automatic brilliance on very, very few of my peers and clients. Some of them, despite being CEO's and the like aren't very bright at all and with some I ponder who tied their bloody shoelaces in the morning.

Yes, it was quite uncommon for people to attend University in previous generations and thus not many older people have degrees . 

Its quite common these days for the younger generations to attend further education and thus younger people are going to attend further education , although that doesnt make them more intelligent 

I and other elderly, or less, who objectively compare, what it was, and what it is now. 

I am personally particularly shocked by the language used nowadays. 

It seems many can only express themselves if they add at least 3 times the words f.ck or/and f.cking in one sentence. 

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Who thinks that ?

2 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I and other elderly, or less, who objectively compare, what it was, and what it is now. 

I am personally particularly shocked by the language used nowadays. 

It seems many can only express themselves if they add at least 3 times the words f.ck or/and f.cking in one sentence. 

Where have you seen or met these serial swearers ?

4 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Here on T.V.,

in Bangkok and Pattaya. 

Swearing is not allowed here on TV and people who you meet in Pattaya are a small minority of Brits and are not representative of Brits in general . LOL. All British people swear because I met a foul mouthed Brit in Pattaya ????

Swearing is luckily not allowed here on T.V., but easely detectable, as replaced by the word

"delete", when happening. 

I can only base my experience of 19 years in Thailand (Bangkok & Pattaya) and for me the change  is obvious. 

I really believe the Brit attitude, in general, has changed.

Now it is also possible that the unpolied Brits are more posting here than before, and that more rude Brits are visiting/staying in Bangkok and Pattaya as before. 

3 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Swearing is luckily not allowed here on T.V., but easely detectable, as replaced by the word

"delete", when happening. 

I can only base my experience of 19 years in Thailand (Bangkok & Pattaya) and for me the change  is obvious. 

I really believe the Brit attitude, in general, has changed.

Now it is also possible that the unpolied Brits are more posting here than before, and that more rude Brits are visiting/staying in Bangkok and Pattaya as before. 

Maybe you should stop going to the places where these low class people hang out ?

It would be quite expected that the type of person who goes to Pattaya would be rather uncouth and bad mannered and sweary

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

This is off topic and I apologise for responding but...

No it wasn't a disaster. A big setback certainly.

To pull 337,xxx troops of the beaches in such a short time with no shore based infrastructure was little short of a miracle and a whole lot of hard work.

Without doubt. But putting an under equipped and under strength army up against the Wehrmacht was always going to result in this.

Its a valuable lesson from history which we are now repeating. Thinking just because we are British we are somehow superior is what got us into that mess. A mistake we are repeating it seems.

It certainly was a setback for the 51st Highland division who were sacrificed in order to protect the beaches while the evacuation was happening.  

I visit all kind of places in Pattaya, and when I stay for months in Bangkok I reside in Thonglor.

There I usually go to the "Old English Pub", very decent place in the afternoon, once 5 p.m. a lot of British come to have a drink, coming from work, or even teachers, well it is disturbing. 

But OK, we have a different opinion about the matter. 

Here a copy of a well known book in France, my first contact with the U. K. and citizens, 

long time ago. 

1328427.jpg

1 minute ago, kingdong said:

An independent UK if the whole thing dosen,t disintegrate into farce thanks to Gina Miller and a minority mob who can,t recognise democracy.

What democracy?

People voted to leave based on what the leave campaign was telling them. They said we would remain in the single market. Be just like Norway they said.

No a deal or no deal Brexit is what is being forced upon the UK by some Brexit fundamentalists within the Conservative party.

Thats not democracy. Thats having a referendum result hijacked by an extremist group.

27 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

What democracy?

People voted to leave based on what the leave campaign was telling them. They said we would remain in the single market. Be just like Norway they said.

No a deal or no deal Brexit is what is being forced upon the UK by some Brexit fundamentalists within the Conservative party.

Thats not democracy. Thats having a referendum result hijacked by an extremist group.

No deal?

Bring it on!

????

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

He & the rest of you are as foul mouthed as the Brits you secretly envy & admire yet constantly slag off.

I am not aware that Mr. Verhofstadt is foul mouthed. 

Hard boiled, yes. 

That we envy and admire the Brits is an astonishing statement. 

But if that's is your opinion, fair enough. 

My opinion about the actual Brits is also only that, an opinion. 

Well to be honest, there was a time(very long ago) I wanted to be Robin Hood, or Ivanhoe (That may count as envious). 

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

How does this creep fare in your own language?

image.jpeg.9d4e8c7b0ddf5befa781c8531f5673bc.jpeg

I'll raise you a Francoise - if this deal passes and I never have to see this fat waddling creep on our media ever again ........then that would be a pause for thought. 

Image result for mark francois

The EU has shown solidarity, a sense of purpose, almost infinite patience and real leadership and what has Britain given....note his excellent command of English as well.

3 hours ago, tebee said:

Indeed it's their democratic right to vote no matter how old and stupid they are !

3 hours ago, tebee said:

I think it's sad brexit  has caused this split between the generations and to a lesser extent, between educated and less well educated.

3 hours ago, tebee said:

It's sad that any brexit achieved now will undoubtedly be overturned as those younger people age and become the majority. 

OK! That's 3 strikes.

dick.jpg.419cdeee53b1f27a90a0bb40c5b51b83.jpg

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

What democracy?

Hold on rookie... I though the narrative was the uneducated Leaver didn't listen to anything they were being told. They were too stupid to be trusted with a vote. Make your mind up.

Sorry rookie... it is rookie isn't it? Any idea that the UK could exercise anything close to the Norwegian option was sh!tcanned very early in this pantomime by the prevarication and obfuscation of the Remainer tribe.

The Brexit default is and always will be no deal.

If you don't want a deal, on your head be it. Unfortunately.

5 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

No, actually a failed UKIP candidate in the Shaftsbury council elections in 2017.

Lester "Jeff" Taylor. One of the more extreme members of UKIP....and that's saying something!

Crikey I was spot on with the Monty Python quip. He moves so little except for the mouth I'm fearing he may be a robot. Uncanny - imagine being stuck next to him at some corporate dinner. 

9 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Tebee don't listen to the bully with his mindless memes. 

You don't know Teebee (or dick) either.

But with 27 EUroclones versus the British Empire, I am seriously getting your allusion to bullying.

Take a number.

Archived