Jump to content

Brexit hangs in the balance as EU doubts a deal this week


webfact

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

The well proven fact that the demographics showed that more graduates voted Remain does not in any shape of form suggest that they were any better educated or qualified than the mostly older, Leavers who at most probably had some of their GCE's. To suggest such is not only presumptuous but frankly quite rude. To keep touting that old mantra three years after it was cheered very loudly by the denialist Remainers just confirms that they have run out of meaningful, credible things to debate.

 

Over my 40-odd years working around the world, having a degree has conferred automatic brilliance on very, very few of my peers and clients. Some of them, despite being CEO's and the like aren't very bright at all and with some I ponder who tied their bloody shoelaces in the morning.

I'm sorry it's these pesky facts again,they do keep getting in the way of the leave narrative. 

 

Me? I'm older, flunked A levels and Uni so not a typical remainder either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sanemax said:

You are rude and abusive and quite typical of your kind 

I'm not  being rude, just stating a general fact about democracy.  facts again, leaver's kryptonite  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

The well proven fact that the demographics showed that more graduates voted Remain does not in any shape of form suggest that they were any better educated or qualified than the mostly older, Leavers who at most probably had some of their GCE's. To suggest such is not only presumptuous but frankly quite rude. To keep touting that old mantra three years after it was cheered very loudly by the denialist Remainers just confirms that they have run out of meaningful, credible things to debate.

 

Over my 40-odd years working around the world, having a degree has conferred automatic brilliance on very, very few of my peers and clients. Some of them, despite being CEO's and the like aren't very bright at all and with some I ponder who tied their bloody shoelaces in the morning.

Yes, it was quite uncommon for people to attend University in previous generations and thus not many older people have degrees . 

  Its quite common these days for the younger generations to attend further education and thus younger people are going to attend further education , although that doesnt make them more intelligent 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tebee said:

I'm not  being rude, just stating a general fact about democracy.  facts again, leaver's kryptonite  

Suggesting that people are "old & stupid" is indeed being rude and isnt stating facts .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Nothing has been reduced in regards to the UK in recent years 

 Some consider that the U.K., and their citizens, have lost a lot of their well known dignity/grandeur. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I and other elderly, or less, who objectively compare, what it was, and what it is now. 

 

I am personally particularly shocked by the language used nowadays. 

 

It seems many can only express themselves if they add at least 3 times the words f.ck or/and f.cking in one sentence. 

 

 

 

 

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Who thinks that ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I and other elderly, or less, who objectively compare, what it was, and what it is now. 

 

I am personally particularly shocked by the language used nowadays. 

 

It seems many can only express themselves if they add at least 3 times the words f.ck or/and f.cking in one sentence. 

 

 

 

 

 

Where have you seen or met these serial swearers ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Here on T.V.,

in Bangkok and Pattaya. 

Swearing is not allowed here on TV and people who you meet in Pattaya are a small minority of Brits and are not representative of Brits in general . LOL. All British people swear because I met a foul mouthed Brit in Pattaya 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Swearing is luckily not allowed here on T.V., but easely detectable, as replaced by the word

"delete", when happening. 

 

I can only base my experience of 19 years in Thailand (Bangkok & Pattaya) and for me the change  is obvious. 

 

I really believe the Brit attitude, in general, has changed.

 

Now it is also possible that the unpolied Brits are more posting here than before, and that more rude Brits are visiting/staying in Bangkok and Pattaya as before. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Swearing is luckily not allowed here on T.V., but easely detectable, as replaced by the word

"delete", when happening. 

 

I can only base my experience of 19 years in Thailand (Bangkok & Pattaya) and for me the change  is obvious. 

 

I really believe the Brit attitude, in general, has changed.

 

Now it is also possible that the unpolied Brits are more posting here than before, and that more rude Brits are visiting/staying in Bangkok and Pattaya as before. 

 

Maybe you should stop going to the places where these low class people hang out ?

  It would be quite expected that the type of person who goes to Pattaya would be rather uncouth and bad mannered and sweary

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billd766 said:

This is off topic and I apologise for responding but...

 

No it wasn't a disaster. A big setback certainly.

 

To pull 337,xxx troops of the beaches in such a short time with no shore based infrastructure was little short of a miracle and a whole lot of hard work.

Without doubt. But putting an under equipped and under strength army up against the Wehrmacht was always going to result in this.

Its a valuable lesson from history which we are now repeating. Thinking just because we are British we are somehow superior is what got us into that mess. A mistake we are repeating it seems.

It certainly was a setback for the 51st Highland division who were sacrificed in order to protect the beaches while the evacuation was happening.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I visit all kind of places in Pattaya, and when I stay for months in Bangkok I reside in Thonglor.

There I usually go to the "Old English Pub", very decent place in the afternoon, once 5 p.m. a lot of British come to have a drink, coming from work, or even teachers, well it is disturbing. 

 

But OK, we have a different opinion about the matter. 

 

Here a copy of a well known book in France, my first contact with the U. K. and citizens, 

long time ago. 

 

1328427.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, samran said:

Whatever of the UK is left you mean...

An independent UK if the whole thing dosen,t disintegrate into farce thanks to Gina Miller and a minority mob who can,t recognise democracy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...