BANGKOK
webfact

Brexit hangs in the balance as EU doubts a deal this week

There is no deal that will get the sanction of remainers so pretty much a waste of time.

The only deal that will be acceptable to them is another referendum.

Would be interesting to see what the outcome would be if this were to happen.

It would then have to be best of 5.

That is usually known as the Torygraph which is much like the Guardian but biased the other way.

TBH the only (but boringly long winded) way is to find your topic and run through them all and you may get closer to the middle opinion.

I rarely read any of the UK papers on Brexit any more because for every columnists opinion you can find the opposite in a different paper.
The middle is not somewhere equidistant between two poles where one or both are stupid.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There is no deal that will get the sanction of remainers so pretty much a waste of time.

The only deal that will be acceptable to them is another referendum.

Would be interesting to see what the outcome would be if this were to happen.

It would then have to be best of 5.
Actually it is the no-deal Brexit tribe that want to trash any agreement.

2 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Actually it is the no-deal Brexit tribe that want to trash any agreement.

Which leaves a lot of politicians at both extremes who don't want a deal so ....thrashing out a deal remains a waste of time.

Which leaves a lot of politicians at both extremes who don't want a deal so ....thrashing out a deal remains a waste of time.
What people want isn't always what they get, but task one is to kill off no-deal.

Quite. All it will take is one more country to go belly-up like Greece did. And with member states like that, whose populations barely knows what tax is, it's only a matter of time.

With a little more foresight, anyone can see that all this bluster over a 'deal' is utterly irrelevant.
Its consolation time for the Hard Brexiteers.

2 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

What people want isn't always what they get, but task one is to kill off no-deal.

Ah ........so kill off no deal....but vote down any deal that is thrashed out.

So basically continue going nowhere for quite a while yet.

Great news for the newspaper industry

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

I now ignore the Greta thread where some of your other comments really belong,  as it is tragic to keep reading the views of all those old men getting triggered by this wee lassie. 

The point above is interesting (Although I'm not sure what gluers are). Is Capitalism dying, I'm not a great fan, but I doubt it. You can tell the countries that are not capitalist from space, the lights are out - North Korea, Zimbabwe, Venezuela, etc (Cuba is an exception I grant). I agree it is having to work harder, and markets are less easy to develop. Investing in Solar power etc may simply be a long term business decision, not based on politics, or concern for fellow humans, or the planet. Shareholders care about money only.

By gluers I mean folk who superglue themselves to windows, planes and other objects (or pretend to in the case of one "green" leader who obviously didn't want to get her hands dirty - even to save the planet).

The vices and virtues of capitalism can be argued, but as the website I linked to makes clear, there can be no dispute about the suborning of the environmental movement as a means of ensuring the system's survival.

Edited by Krataiboy

51 minutes ago, david555 said:

yeah …, you better get used already to that one ….as the blue part is on his own way 

I was used to it way back in the early 1950s.

I should really be waving the flag of Wessex which is where I was born.

Wesssex flag.jpg

1 hour ago, tebee said:

So all these "experts" who say brexit will damage the economy by 8-20% are wrong ? What do you base your opinion on ?

Nobody knows. Everyone believes what they want to believe. Most likely, everyone's economy will take a knock.

It's a fair assumption that the EU without the UK will be like The Smiths without Morrissey, like Manchester United without Fergie (and other demotic examples). It will be a club for losers, and the more that countries like Serbia and Turkey clamour to get in, the more the bigger economies will feel embarrassed to be part of it, just as they surely feel embarrassed to take part in Eurovision nowadays. They will all be looking at each other wondering what they should do. The damage to their pride will be irreparable. Gloom and depression will set in. And that will be the end of the Eurovision Union. Sing hosannas.

Edited by JamesBlond

22 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I was used to it way back in the early 1950s.

I should really be waving the flag of Wessex which is where I was born.

Wesssex flag.jpg

Don't bother if no find …, this one will do fine , as everybody has in the house a white bedsheet ….5555 lol 😉

2019-10-16_140509.png

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JamesBlond said:

Nobody knows. Everyone believes what they want to believe. Most likely, everyone's economy will take a knock.

It's a fair assumption that the EU without the UK will be like The Smiths without Morrissey, like Manchester United without Fergie (and other demotic examples). It will be a club for losers, and the more that countries like Serbia and Turkey clamour to get in, the more the bigger economies will feel embarrassed to be part of it, just as they surely feel embarrassed to take part in Eurovision nowadays. They will all be looking at each other wondering what they should do. The damage to their pride will be irreparable. Gloom and depression will set in. And that will be the end of the Eurovision Union. Sing hosannas.

Likening Brexit Britain to Morrissey is, in some respects, unfortunately apt.

Morrissey reaffirms support for far-right party and claims 'everyone prefers their own race'

"Morrissey has reaffirmed his support for the far-right, anti-Islam party For Britain and suggested that Nigel Farage “would make a good prime minister”."

• Like 2