BANGKOK
Bassosa

Hotel manager salary in Chiang Mai

Does anyone know what a hotel manager for a small ~20 room hotel makes in Chiang Mai? 

I'm talking about someone with an education and background in hotel management who has experience.

Thanks.

Guess it doesn’t matter if the room rate is 400 Baht per night or 15,000 B/night. A manager is a manager?

I surely would pay more for a manager of expensive rooms. Why wouldn’t you?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 minute ago, Bill97 said:

Guess it doesn’t matter if the room rate is 400 Baht per night or 15,000 B/night. A manager is a manager?

I surely would pay more for a manager of expensive rooms. Why wouldn’t you?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Brand new 3* boutique hotel in prime location - room rates between 1500-2000 per night.

Some off topic posts have been removed. I think the OP was just implying 80k was quite high.

Maybe doable in one of the larger hotels but very unlikely in a small place. Also remember you would need a fair bit of experience to get a job like this. There are a number of people who have had many years in the business that would be eligible for the top jobs.

12 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

There are a lot of Thais making 50-100 thousand per month.

i bet those making less far  far outweigh that minority though

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Well the Thai doctors in my village are earning much more than that, looking at the cars they are driving and some of them owns 10+ houses.

Really?

That's one hell of a salary for a Thai

Two of my managers (Thai) were earning in excess of Thb120k over month, 13th month contractually guaranteed plus bonus depending on company’s results. Travel industry.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

The manager could definately make some good bucks if he can provide booze and female "guides" 24/7 to his clients or takes a good commission on every lady "friend" a hotel customer bring back for "friendship" in the room.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Two of my managers (Thai) were earning in excess of Thb120k over month, 13th month contractually guaranteed plus bonus depending on company’s results. Travel industry.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What I meant to say that it's a hell of salary for a manager who overseas no more than 4 staff members in a 16-room boutique hotel without F&B.