Hotel manager salary in Chiang Mai

Bassosa

1 hour ago, elektrified said:

This is true. My wife told me that last week she went to the soi along Kamthieng market where all the laborers are, looking for 2 guys to clear one of her properties that is overgrown with jungle. She said that everyone who had some tools (trimmer, etc.) wanted 600+ (each) for the job, and guys with only a machete wanted 500 for 1/2 a day. Nobody was willing to work for less. Being as tight with money as she is, she wasn't prepared to pay 1200 for the job. She has yet to get the job done.

I occasionally get someone there to do work like that.  I prefer just one person as its less hassle than dealing with two.  you also have to watch and direct ,  so we say 400 baht for half day and can usually get someone ( choose a younger guy who doesn't look too weird   haha)   Also we supply tools as they rarely have any.   If someone is good they can do a lot in half a day .  Your wife can always get someone a second time if needed.   NOTE:  go early, like 7:30 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, rumak said:

I occasionally get someone there to do work like that.  I prefer just one person as its less hassle than dealing with two.  you also have to watch and direct ,  so we say 400 baht for half day and can usually get someone ( choose a younger guy who doesn't look too weird   haha)   Also we supply tools as they rarely have any.   If someone is good they can do a lot in half a day .  Your wife can always get someone a second time if needed.   NOTE:  go early, like 7:30 

so now its up to 800 per day.. Good bargaining ????

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mikey88 said:

A close friend of mine has a degree in business management and runs the International Department office at a university here in a clerical capacity and earns under 15,000.

My Housekeepers earn 15,000.

She may want to test her resume in the open market...she's undervalued.

Archived