My address confirmation from immigration - no change?

chado

I got one from Nakhon Pathom for my drivers license about 4 years ago.  It was free and done while waiting in the office.

You can also get them from your embassy but they charge.  $50 for US embassy, unless it has gone up since I checked quite awhile ago.

On 10/15/2019 at 4:16 AM, Leaver said:

Check with your hotel that they have registered your stay there first. 

first? why? the owner of a condo where I am hasn't taken passport yet. What'll happen if I go to the immigtration before he does, if he does, that?

I'll stay here for around 2 weeks

11 hours ago, chado said:

first? why? the owner of a condo where I am hasn't taken passport yet. What'll happen if I go to the immigtration before he does, if he does, that?

I'll stay here for around 2 weeks

Depending which office, and which officer, you could face a 800 baht fine.

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Depending which office, and which officer, you could face a 800 baht fine.

is that true for pattaya only? On practise I mean.

and is it me who must care about something what the owner of my condo room has to do?

4 minutes ago, chado said:

is that true for pattaya only? On practise I mean.

and is it me who must care about something what the owner of my condo room has to do?

There has been many threads on this topic.

In my opinion, they do not have the resources to chase every owner renting out their property and not paying their share of tax, so, let the foreigner come to the office, because they know we have to, and fine then.  ????

If you know you will be needing any immigration services, you should make sure you are registered at your address.

53 minutes ago, Leaver said:

There has been many threads on this topic.

In my opinion, they do not have the resources to chase every owner renting out their property and not paying their share of tax, so, let the foreigner come to the office, because they know we have to, and fine then.  ????

If you know you will be needing any immigration services, you should make sure you are registered at your address.

Further to this post, if an owner refuses to register you, look for another place to rent where the owner will register you. 

Archived