Suicide or murder? Police keep open mind after Norwegian found hanging at rented pool villa in Hua Hin

webfact

Suicide or murder? Police keep open mind after Norwegian found hanging at rented pool villa

6pm.jpg

Thai caption: Mystery death in Hua Hin

Police in Hua Hin have yet to come to any conclusions as the investigation into the death of a 47 year old Norwegian man intensifies. 

A worker coming to maintain the pool found  G. E. hanging from a cord in an outside area at the front of the bungalow. 

A large number of police including tourist officers, forensic teams and medics descended on the house.

The victim was hanging from a coiled electrical extension cord that had been secured to a concrete beam.

Dressed only in jeans' shorts the victim was kneeling. There were no injuries to the body apart from a slight grazing on one knee. 

Next to the body was a fallen bar stool adjacent to a sofa area. 

On a glass table top investigators found three bottles of Thai spirits, two were empty and the third was half empty. 

There were two empty beer cans. 

There were three glasses and a shot glass as well as two sets of plates with spoons and forks. 

Also on the table was a mosquito spray can, cigarettes, lighter and ashtray. 

A mobile phone was found in the pool. 

The body was found by Wirot, a maintenance man who said that the Norwegian who had rented the property for six months had hired him to look after the pool. 

He arrived as normal and when his calls were not answered he peered through the gate and saw the body and called the police. 

Police are gathering fingerprint evidence on all the items found at the scene, such as bottles, glasses and plates. 

They are contacting relatives and studying CCTV in the vicinity of the house. 

They have yet to state whether this was a suicide or a staged suicide to conceal a murder. 

The body has been taken to Hua Hin Hospital. 

Investigations continue; more about this as we hear of it. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-15

2 hours ago, webfact said:

On a glass table top investigators found three bottles of Thai spirits, two were empty and the third was half empty. 

There were two empty beer cans. 

There were three glasses and a shot glass as well as two sets of plates with spoons and forks. 

Also on the table was a mosquito spray can, cigarettes, lighter and ashtray. 

A mobile phone was found in the pool. 

something just doesn't add up …. 

17 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

Was he hanging, or kneeling? Surely it can't be both. I'm confused; if one is hanging then surely they're not in contact with the ground.

It is perfectly feasible to hang ones self (or be strangled of course) whilst being in contact with the ground.

Read up on the death of Michael Hutchence.

16 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

It is perfectly feasible to hang ones self (or be strangled of course) whilst being in contact with the ground.

Read up on the death of Michael Hutchence.

Strangled (even choked), yes I concur. If it meant strangled/choked then that's the language that should've been used. But I guess I'm expecting too much from the reporting.

So surely he wasn't alone. No need to call Sherlock Holmes from TV. 

"They have yet to state whether this was a suicide or a staged suicide to conceal a murder."

Or perhaps, they just close the case and state that it was a suicide. 

Case closed.  RIP, poor man. No matter what happened to you, it would be great if they could find that out.

There could be a killer somewhere who could do that again. 

Phone in the pool suggests it was thrown there. For the poor chap to have done that he would have likely done it out of anger, thus unlikely, but not impossible, to have hung himself because he was angry. Does this not possibly suggest it was thrown there by another party? And if so its murder!

No one sole drinks and uses 3 or 4 glasses. I never use more than two in an evening at home.

2 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Was he hanging, or kneeling? Surely it can't be both. I'm confused; if one is hanging then surely they're not in contact with the ground.

Jeffrey Epstein allegedly hung himself from a bed. Anything's possible, possibly.

R.I.P.

I didn’t know him well, but the word amongst the ladies is that he had received an unbeatable cancer diagnosis, and did not want to return to Norway where his family would have to watch him suffer through the final stages. I haven’t spoken to the Norwegian contingent to confirm, though. Relatively young and an otherwise very healthy guy. Sad.

I feel sorry for this 47 y.o man. It seems to me this sort of death is kind of becoming rather common in Thailand. Is it not? Any members of TV agree?

Will expats who had lived for years in Vietnam, Cambodia , Laos , Philippines tell me did they see so much suicide cases in those countries?

A friend of mine said it all boils down to statistic. He said other countries don't have the numbers. If you combine all the tourists, expats & businessmen(any nationalities) in Thailand  it comes to a big number. A lot of things happened when you have a big numbers.

He said during the Black death in England and Europe the countrysides were less affected, because people lived wide apart and a lot fewer people.  You need a certain number of people for the illness of Black Death to perpetuate.

If what my friend said is true then it is expected rather than going around thinking the Thais might have murdered them for some reasons.

RIP. But if it was the case that he had just gotten a bad cancer diagnosis and wanted to check out, it is normal to leave behind something written for those who find him, yes? There should be some communication and papers regarding the diagnosis. And checking out before even starting treatment sounds strange to me. Or getting a second opinion in Norway.

The position he is hanging from doesnt seem strange at all. He could have drunk himself into a stupor after rigging the calbe, and then gone through with it.

From what I understand his house is 200 meters from where I live here in Hua Hin.

Sad to see this kind of thing. Anyone reading this and feeling depressed, I recommend finding someone to talk to.

1 hour ago, SuperTed said:

I didn’t know him well, but the word amongst the ladies is that he had received an unbeatable cancer diagnosis,

So you live in Hua Hin ?  How can you be sure "the ladies" are telling the truth?  How did you know him ? Too many questions here.  

3 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

So surely he wasn't alone. No need to call Sherlock Holmes from TV. 

"They have yet to state whether this was a suicide or a staged suicide to conceal a murder."

Or perhaps, they just close the case and state that it was a suicide. 

Case closed.  RIP, poor man. No matter what happened to you, it would be great if they could find that out.

There could be a killer somewhere who could do that again. 

Call in Johnny English, Super sleuth

1 hour ago, RobbyXNorway said:

RIP. But if it was the case that he had just gotten a bad cancer diagnosis and wanted to check out, it is normal to leave behind something written for those who find him, yes? There should be some communication and papers regarding the diagnosis. And checking out before even starting treatment sounds strange to me. Or getting a second opinion in Norway.

The position he is hanging from doesnt seem strange at all. He could have drunk himself into a stupor after rigging the calbe, and then gone through with it.

From what I understand his house is 200 meters from where I live here in Hua Hin.

Sad to see this kind of thing. Anyone reading this and feeling depressed, I recommend finding someone to talk to.

RIP.

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk.

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/

4 hours ago, Greyhat said:

Huh, I was speaking to a Norwegian living in Hua Hin in an online game a little over a week ago.

Well it certainly must be the same guy then if the guy you were speaking too was Norwegian and this guy was Norwegian. I mean how many Norwegian s can there be in Hua Hin?

7 hours ago, Wiggy said:

"Hanging" is the description of the act that killed him, "kneeling" was the position he was found in.  Obviously.  

Archived