Video: Drama in Soi Bua Khao Pattaya as drugged man with a knife finally subdued

webfact

9 hours ago, glennb6 said:

mouth drop open at the ineptitude and silliness of it all, and there's the 'rescuer' who continually is trying to brain the guy with a small baseball bat. 2 minutes of this, taser and done. Nope, not the thai way.

Right, and when he falls off the ledge/awning to the pavement on his head, breaking his neck then what?

9 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

So a crazed man with a knife on the roof. 

The police decide it’s a good idea to continue to let the vendors underneath to sell their <deleted>, to continue to have anyone walk around there, to scream and shout at him & use sticks and a crane to subdue him. 

Absolute Thai normal chaos! 

Thailand's answer to "crisis management" ?

16 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

and yes there is many posters on TVF who said smoking weed is good for your health

Obviously someone who has no idea of what he is talking about.

the person in question did not go on a roof top knife wielding rampage from smoking a joint. 

Nor did Charlie Manson and his followers smoke weed before their killings. Something stronger was takin by the person, yabbal perhaps?

15 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

subdue?  basket and crane?  Disrupt traffic for hours?  At some point, just stop and taser the man.

Then tazered he falls and risks death or multiple injuries, good risk management

5 hours ago, YTP said:

Right, and when he falls off the ledge/awning to the pavement on his head, breaking his neck then what?

But also trying beat him over the head isn't such good risk management either.

They failed to remain calm, take control and wait it out, and negotiate. 

11 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Family friendly resort advertising a warm welcome to tourists.

Much as I hate to point elsewhere, at least nobody got stabbed or mowed down by a van driven by a fanatic, so still worth getting on BA 009 for me!

20 hours ago, Inn Between said:

I hope you're joking because if you really think cannabis is the culprit in making this person go off the deep end, that's just scary. I'd say the "purple urine" indicating something like yaa baa and likely a good amount of lao khao are at work here. Reefer madness was made in the 1930's, and almost everyone of the planet has caught on that it's nothing more than a ridiculous;y absurd representation of the effects of cannabis to intimidate poorly educated fools.   

I couldnt have put it better myself.....thank you.

On 10/15/2019 at 7:00 AM, White Christmas13 said:

and yes there is many posters on TVF who said smoking weed is good for your health

A lot better  probably,  than driving, statistically that is. We do not know any other causual factor in this persons person's aberrant behaviour but it is clear that 99.999% of marijuana smokers do not behave in such a way. The drug reference is just a red herring to distract from the inhuman treatment, by the police, of a human being who, for whatever reason needed treating sympathetically not teased and goaded by bored police.

20 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Should have just ignored him. Like the cat he will make his way down on his own eventually.

See those open windows in the photo.  Perhaps that's why he was up there in the first place.

Ignore him, and would you like this guy climbing through the window of your place?

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

See those open windows in the photo.  Perhaps that's why he was up there in the first place.

Ignore him, and would you like this guy climbing through the window of your place?

I would not be leaving an unbarred window open on soi Buakhao.

17 hours ago, rossd said:

What a bloody pathetic attempt at restraining this man. Stun gun or similar should have been used much earlier in this incident. Hopeless effort by the authorities involved.

Yeah great idea, stun gun, have him fall and kill himself, or become a quadriplegic . Good risk management.

On 10/15/2019 at 1:00 PM, White Christmas13 said:

Maybe reaching age 55 does funny things to Thai males.

lol (or 555)

Seriously tho, I dont know if you can blame the weed.

Im pretty sure a lot of these types never had an abundance of grey matter even before they started smoking.

Archived