TM30 for same day run from Pattaya to Chanthaburi?

My ED visa extension of stay ends soon and i'll be cancelling it / switching to a visa on arrival from Chanthaburi. I'll go from Pattaya and return. I won't be changing where I stay. I've been at my current place for 2.5 years.

I think TM30s are only for overnight stays out of province. But I hear they are needed any time you re-enter the country. In this case should I tell my landlord to fill a new TM30?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

My ED visa extension of stay ends soon and i'll be cancelling it / switching to a visa on arrival from Chanthaburi

When you say Chantaburi , Does that mean you will be leaving Thailand to enter Cambodia , then re entering Thailand on the same day ?

I ask because some people have said that the Cambodian immigration requires you to spend one night in Cambodia before you are allowed to exit via the same crossing you entered by.

If you are using a visa run company they may however have a special agreement whereby you can leave and immediately re enter.

Edited by Denim

Yes I'm using a visa run company. I have heard about the Cambodia one night rule and my understanding is there is selective enforcement. I suspect the company I use will not have issues.

Chanthaburi has always confused me because it is a part of Thailand's fairly deep interior, yet everyone speaks of it like it's a border town. I don't even know what the Cambodian counterpart to "Chanthaburi" is.

41 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

Yes I'm using a visa run company. I have heard about the Cambodia one night rule and my understanding is there is selective enforcement. I suspect the company I use will not have issues.

There is rule for overnight stays for the Cambodia visa on arrival. But a 200 to 300 baht fee takes care of it.

41 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

Chanthaburi has always confused me because it is a part of Thailand's fairly deep interior, yet everyone speaks of it like it's a border town. I don't even know what the Cambodian counterpart to "Chanthaburi" is.

Chanthaburi is a province that borders Cambodia.

There are 2 border crossing to Cambodia there. I think you will be going to this crossing. https://goo.gl/maps/jKr8QdAhT7mQdPHF8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is rule for overnight stays for the Cambodia visa on arrival. But a 200 to 300 baht fee takes care of it.

How does the TM30 requirement factor into this? I assume it is still an international entry, so despite being inside of one day I should still have my landlord fill a TM30?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

Not necessary, they are not enforcing province to province told to me face to face by CM IO

It is not really a province to province matter as you put it. It is leaving you home province and staying in a hotel that reports your stay.

You could also stay in hotel in the same province and be required to do a TM30 report.

In the OP's case he is leaving and reentering the country which causes a TM30 report to be required at some offices.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Since you are in Pattaya and plan on getting a 30 day extension of your entry I would say you should have a TM30 report done.

They have been reported as wanting one for each new entry to the country.

The 24 hours out of the provence is not for TM30 reporting.

I thought the whole point of TM30 was inter-province reporting? If it is not for that what is it for?

7 minutes ago, wasabi said:

If it is not for that what is it for?

No the staying in another province for more than 24 hours is is under section 37 which is done with a TM28 form that is not enforced.

The TM30 form is a report of your arrival at a residence under section 38 within 24 hours.

The title of the TM30 report states this.

image.png.c02648004738b163f3a723019c016a3e.png

• Like 2

On 10/15/2019 at 1:53 PM, Denim said:

When you say Chantaburi , Does that mean you will be leaving Thailand to enter Cambodia , then re entering Thailand on the same day ?

I ask because some people have said that the Cambodian immigration requires you to spend one night in Cambodia before you are allowed to exit via the same crossing you entered by.

If you are using a visa run company they may however have a special agreement whereby you can leave and immediately re enter.

They don''t make you stay at hat lek you pay 300 baht more