Electonics Supplies - Small Quantities - BKK North or West

Farangwithaplan

I'm looking to buy small quantities of resistors, pot, LEDs, and the like at a local store. I know I can buy only but also want to know a place locally that I can walk into to buy a few bits and pieces if I need something in a hurry.

Anywhere at Bang Sue, Chatuchak, over to PinKlao would be handy. Any ideas?

Hobby electronics doesn't really exist here, so no Radio Shack and the like.

NPE in Zeer Rangsit, may be a bit far north for you.

Otherwise it's going to be Thip Wari Alley or the Old Siam Plaza in Ban Moh 13.745777, 100.500032 (if you can't get it there it's not available). Hua Lampong on the MRT then a tuk-tuk. Check if the MRT extension goes nearer.

Good that you got sorted. It's been a goodly while since I was in the area.

Looks like Sam Yot is the nearest MRT station now, it may encourage me to go and have a look around again as it was always a lottery getting from Hua Lampong.

23 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Good that you got sorted. It's been a goodly while since I was in the area.

Looks like Sam Yot is the nearest MRT station now, it may encourage me to go and have a look around again as it was always a lottery getting from Hua Lampong.

Yes, it is a short walk from Sam Yot... A lot of the stores outside the plaza seem to be selling CCTV, Audio amps and speakers and Strip LED and down lights from what I can see.

I arrived about 5.30pm and only about 50% of the shops in the Plaza were open so I'm not sure if I got there late or business has slowed. I saw a few places with a lot of Arduino based 3D printer kits and a lot of spares. The shop I bought from had ESP And Adruino and possibly Pi stuff, too.

Archived