Flu Season

KenKadz

Have not seen any government announcements about Flu Vaccine yet this year.

Just phoned PIH (Pattaya International Hospital) and they informed me that they do not have flu vaccine available, and no plan for the future.

Does anyone know about availability of flu shots this year?

Flue season in Thailand starts around Ma-Juney, with the onset of the rains

Are you asking about local flu season or flu season back home?

If for North America or Europe that is a different vaccine and season does start soon, can get Northern Hemisphere vaccine at some  Bangkok hospitals and also the Mahidol Traveler's Clinic and Medconsult Asia in Bangkok. I would think PIH might also have it (if not, certainly BPH) but you'd need to specify Northern hemisphere, they probably though you meant vaccine for Thailand.

Flue season in Thailand starts around Ma-Juney, with the onset of the rains

Are you asking about local flu season or flu season back home?

If for North America or Europe that is a different vaccine and season does start soon, can get Northern Hemisphere vaccine at some  Bangkok hospitals and also the Mahidol Traveler's Clinic and Medconsult Asia in Bangkok. I would think PIH might also have it (if not, certainly BPH) but you'd need to specify Northern hemisphere, they probably though you meant vaccine for Thailand.
If one spends significant time in both Thailand and Europe should one have both vaccinations?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, jayboy said:

If one spends significant time in both Thailand and Europe should one have both vaccinations?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It probably would not hurt although normally not more than one type is different between them (although the current version will be based on newest data/guess).

Have not seen any government announcements about Flu Vaccine yet this year.
Just phoned PIH (Pattaya International Hospital) and they informed me that they do not have flu vaccine available, and no plan for the future.
Does anyone know about availability of flu shots this year?
Check the Pattaya thread ,there is a discusion about flu jabs there,at Sri Racha govt hospital.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 10/16/2019 at 7:39 PM, Sheryl said:

Yes if those times correspond to flu season in both places

Most Europeans who live part-time in Thailand will spend the European flu season (which is about to begin) in Thailand (where flu season has just ended). And they go back to Europe when the rainy season starts in Thailand, which is the flu season in Thailand.

So they spend the "non-flu season" in both places. 

This lifestyle certainly diminishes the risk of catching the flu.

It also makes it difficult to get a vaccination.  For example,  vaccination time just started in Europe and many places still have limited supplies of vaccines. 

Does this lifestyle make a vaccination unnecessary? I would not bet on it.

Archived