What would you do with this episode

Liverpudlian

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I am 62 and still have no idea what's going on,

I also don't understand these Thai soaps. All I know is that they all have the Aloof Good Looking Guy, the regular guy who is his friend, The comic guy, at least one ladyboy who can also be the "comic guy" and a midget . Sorry I meant to say vertically challenged person.  Ohh <deleted>!! I forgot, and a lot of eye candy Tragically scrambling  about.

Switch chanells and watch the violent familly mafia soaps .

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems you’re not in a strong position. Living with a Thai woman in her parents house and not being married to the daughter is not common and not ideal for them. You’re an embarrassment to them whether you agree/like it or not. As such you’re not an worthy addition to their family and don’t carry much weight around them. At best they’re tolerating you whether you agree/like it or not. Therefore your actions/expectations don’t mean much to them. As far as they’re concerned they’re doing you a huge favor and don’t appreciate you telling them what to do. The only solution I can see is to marry the girl and find your own place and when they come to your house wanting to watch those irritating and child inappropriate soaps you can tell them to F off politely. At the moment they’re telling you that in their own way (ie ignoring you).

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, Liverpudlian said:

Theres no way i can take on an entire familly on in there own home and no way would i be able to move out and take her with me ... they have the power over me as i am n alien.

Nope, that's not true. You always have the power over yourself, unless you let somebody else take over.

I remember a story of a guy who moved into his gf's parents house with his kids from another relationship. If you are the same person, it's really time for you to change certain things.

One very important part of it is not to see the problems in all the other people who lived in this house before you arrived.

Have you ever thought about that you might be a kind of ballast for most of them?

Just forget it if you're not the guy who moved into somebody else's house. 

They don't have the power over you because you're an Alien. You live in their house for god's sake.

Would I want somebody who doesn't speak my language, nor understands my culture move into my house with kids from another woman nobody has ever met?

Of course not. Not even for one night. There are certain things that you should have learned in your life before you came to Thailand. 

I don't think that these people are bad people from what I've read. 

But how long were you planning to live in somebody else's house? 

Okay, I get it, it's because of the little girl you call your daughter.

The only person who can change your difficult situation is you.

i have no response when i request that this is NOT ON for such a small child to see all this .... do i pack my bags ?

Their house, their rules.

Why do you think it should be any different?

I wouldn't even let you talk to my daughter, let alone move into my house with her.

Switch chanells and watch the violent familly mafia soaps .

I dont watch regular TV in the US , as sure as hell I ain't  gonna watch it in Thailand. Let's face it . TV and movies are made for the kids certainly not for someone at my age. In the end I always end up going to YouTube. 

I would not worry about the kid too much, Have you seen the cr#p they watch in the west?

IMO you should count your blessings 

13 hours ago, bermondburi said:

Seriously though, time for you, gf, dd to all get your own place. How old are u BTW? 

Lets just say i am older than her parents, adding to the tale that her father totaly ignores his only daughter doesnt even speak to her full stop cos he wanted a son.....now some of you can get my drift on this bloody weird mob .

It seems most Thais (and not only Thais) "think" that kids grow up and they somehow become an adult. It seems most have no idea that when the kid grows up everything is important: the people, the food, the surrounding, the education, the friends, everything.

Now try to explain that to the average Thai. Good luck!

I think in Thailand there is mostly a clear pecking order. Who is in charge? And if you are not in charge then it's obviously someone else and that someone else decides. If you want to be in control then do what has to be done to get that control - not only about your daughter. And when you think you won't be able to be in charge then decide if that is how you want to live your life or else.

Post removed.

Keep it civil and stop the personal remarks.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

18 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

valude comments sir but my time is almost up here living within this rather weird "culture" based on ghosts phoney high class monks we are exected to move seats for in transport ... will choose a good amulet for my safe journey back to blyghty early spring and send my girl some bucks and enjoy my religion free retirement.

What country are you moving to that does not have a religion?

Go back to USA you will be surrounded by Jesus freaks, even UK and Europe have their share, and their laws and traditions are based on Christian values.

Anyway, it is clear you are not serious about your GF or the child.  If you were you would just move out with them both to a rented house or condo.   But that would take some effort and sacrifice on your part.  Funny how you have enough money to fly back to where you came from and give money to your GF, but you don' t have enough to rent a cheap place?

From your posts you clearly just hate Thai culture and people and are annoyed those people are not under your control.

I think it will be better for everyone in this story if you did go back to your perfect religious free country.  

Just now, jak2002003 said:

Go back to USA you will be surrounded by Jesus freaks, even UK and Europe have their share, and their laws and traditions are based on Christian values.

The UK isn't dominated by "Jesus freaks". Very different to the USA. Small minority go to church in the UK. Very much a secular society.

15 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems most Thais (and not only Thais) "think" that kids grow up and they somehow become an adult. It seems most have no idea that when the kid grows up everything is important: the people, the food, the surrounding, the education, the friends, everything.

Now try to explain that to the average Thai. Good luck!

Heck, never mind the average Thai, I  don't even understand what you said above, and I am an FN genius. :tongue:

20 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

The UK isn't dominated by "Jesus freaks". Very different to the USA. Small minority go to church in the UK. Very much a secular society.

Plenty of religions people in UK.  OP says he wants religion free culture.  Most of the schools are Christian in the UK.  His daughter would be singing songs to 'the Lord' and saying grace before eating, as well as learning bible stories in morning assembly.

You will find most people in the UK go to church to get christenings, married, funerals.  There are also all the religions holidays like Easter and Christmas.  Even though they say they are not religions most believe in god and nearly all have their values and moral code from the bible (even if they have never read it).  

If not that then there is always Islam.  

As for his idea that this child is watching bad things on TV, we have the same rubbish in the UK, and most people watch it!  There are also a lot of angry, raciest people there too, as well as huge knife crime and gang violence, with teenagers out of control and no respect for elders.  Then there is the new 'religion' of Brexit that seems to always divide people.  Drugs are much more easily available to young people... London has the highest use of Cocaine in the world. 

I am just trying to say that if he thinks his life will be perfect where ever he goes he will always find religion, people with superstitions or values that are not the same as his.  And if he can't afford his own house in a nice place (which he clearly can't as he has to live with this Thai family), then he will be in worse position than he is here.  I can imagine him, an elderly man, pushing a Thai baby about in a pushchair picking flowers on a run down council estate full of yobs lol.  

15 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Plenty of religions people in UK.  OP says he wants religion free culture.  Most of the schools are Christian in the UK.  His daughter would be singing songs to 'the Lord' and saying grace before eating, as well as learning bible stories in morning assembly.

You will find most people in the UK go to church to get christenings, married, funerals.  There are also all the religions holidays like Easter and Christmas.  Even though they say they are not religions most believe in god and nearly all have their values and moral code from the bible (even if they have never read it).  

If not that then there is always Islam.  

As for his idea that this child is watching bad things on TV, we have the same rubbish in the UK, and most people watch it!  There are also a lot of angry, raciest people there too, as well as huge knife crime and gang violence, with teenagers out of control and no respect for elders.  Then there is the new 'religion' of Brexit that seems to always divide people.  Drugs are much more easily available to young people... London has the highest use of Cocaine in the world. 

I am just trying to say that if he thinks his life will be perfect where ever he goes he will always find religion, people with superstitions or values that are not the same as his.  And if he can't afford his own house in a nice place (which he clearly can't as he has to live with this Thai family), then he will be in worse position than he is here.  I can imagine him, an elderly man, pushing a Thai baby about in a pushchair picking flowers on a run down council estate full of yobs lol.  

I have a grin a mile wide reading some of the froth and foam here, my beef is trying to convince them a 2 1/2 year old should NOT be veiwing this stuff and i stand firm with the NOT thus i will take her out of the house and take here to a park , does that sound like any sense to you folks ? the rest of your thoughts aside from the topic is water of a ducks back with all due respects.

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

You forgot bullying, I worked in UK schools up to 2009 (when I left), and there was extensive violence and bullying in the schools. My kids haven't encountered any of that in Thai government school.

Wow.You are worried that your daughter is waching soap on the TV.You will have some bigger camels to swallow later.Just wait for it.haha

You should worrie more on how the tooth brushing is going ,or the diper-rash.Mine is soon 4 and what she see on the tv is not anywhere near my top 10 list of worries.

26 minutes ago, Odin Norway said:

Wow.You are worried that your daughter is waching soap on the TV.You will have some bigger camels to swallow later.Just wait for it.haha

You should worrie more on how the tooth brushing is going ,or the diper-rash.Mine is soon 4 and what she see on the tv is not anywhere near my top 10 list of worries.

Well if your happy to let your child watch men slapping women around then its up to you as they often say here and i have no dyper probs at all she only wears 1 to sleep and cleans here own teeth....seems i am now a target but hey at least its a pausible topic.

18 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

yes but i am not going to desert my daughter due to them.

Why dont you simply move with the wife and child to your own place? Seems simple and easy to me. Why wouldnt you be able to do that?

23 minutes ago, marin said:

Why dont you simply move with the wife and child to your own place? Seems simple and easy to me. Why wouldnt you be able to do that?

She cant due to there total control over her such is this religion they have to adear too... to me its utter <deleted> but then again i am controlled by my own mind withought any religion.

26 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Mistake number one was for an old bloke to have a kid and not a vasectomy.

you are as old as the woman you are feeling ???? and carry a bit of clout when it comes to standing by her at birth....bit of a rarety here in L.O.S.

Archived