What would you do with this episode

Liverpudlian

3 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Plenty of religions people in UK.  OP says he wants religion free culture.  Most of the schools are Christian in the UK.  His daughter would be singing songs to 'the Lord' and saying grace before eating, as well as learning bible stories in morning assembly.

You will find most people in the UK go to church to get christenings, married, funerals.  There are also all the religions holidays like Easter and Christmas.  Even though they say they are not religions most believe in god and nearly all have their values and moral code from the bible (even if they have never read it).  

If not that then there is always Islam.  

As for his idea that this child is watching bad things on TV, we have the same rubbish in the UK, and most people watch it!  There are also a lot of angry, raciest people there too, as well as huge knife crime and gang violence, with teenagers out of control and no respect for elders.  Then there is the new 'religion' of Brexit that seems to always divide people.  Drugs are much more easily available to young people... London has the highest use of Cocaine in the world. 

I am just trying to say that if he thinks his life will be perfect where ever he goes he will always find religion, people with superstitions or values that are not the same as his.  And if he can't afford his own house in a nice place (which he clearly can't as he has to live with this Thai family), then he will be in worse position than he is here.  I can imagine him, an elderly man, pushing a Thai baby about in a pushchair picking flowers on a run down council estate full of yobs lol.  

I enjoyed reading your thoughts and its worthy of a bit of respect especial from me where i grew up around bombed houses near the docks but my life has been rather interesting considering both my parents were called deaf mutes..they did a decent job keeping me away from temptations like becoming a theiving little kid, and all this without being controlled by religion . but back on topic no way am i going to allow my girl to watch this pathetic violence wich seems to be the norm here .  

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

No just the G/F and daughter, they are middle class market traders , i moved in with them due to my home being riddled with termites at the time my girl was born and at that time i had no other choice.

There are always choices in this life, you need to grow some balls and take action if the situation doesn't suit you.

19 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

She cant due to there total control over her such is this religion they have to adear too... to me its utter <deleted> but then again i am controlled by my own mind withought any religion.

Is that what she tells you.  You just believe her 100 percent right?  What about why her father does not talk to her, because she says he wanted her to have a baby boy, not a girl....

perhaps her father is not talking to her because she has an old farang with no money and no means to support her and her baby living in his house and moaning about their family, religion, culture and the way they live and what they are and are not allowed to watch on their own TV?

They must be really embarrassed to have you living in their house, unmarried to their daughter, and not having your own place. 

14 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

you are as old as the woman you are feeling ???? and carry a bit of clout when it comes to standing by her at birth....bit of a rarety here in L.O.S.

Good for you.  How about standing by her and your child by getting married and moving them both out to a rented house for some independence?

Maybe that would get you some respect off the family more than just being there while your gf gives birth and sitting about in their house moaning about them.

24 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

She cant due to there total control over her such is this religion they have to adear too... to me its utter <deleted> but then again i am controlled by my own mind withought any religion.

What has 'this religion' got to do with anything?

So you are weak don't have control in the house which isn't yours where you are a guest. We get it.

Sadly (for you) you don't.

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

What has 'this religion' got to do with anything?

So you are weak don't have control in the house which isn't yours where you are a guest. We get it.

Sadly (for you) you don't.

Oh yes i do ! i pay for her upbringing amongs other little luxury's  they did not have before i came into the scene, show a thai male who does that in the villages here, waiting with baited breath.

7 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Is that what she tells you.  You just believe her 100 percent right?  What about why her father does not talk to her, because she says he wanted her to have a baby boy, not a girl....

perhaps her father is not talking to her because she has an old farang with no money and no means to support her and her baby living in his house and moaning about their family, religion, culture and the way they live and what they are and are not allowed to watch on their own TV?

They must be really embarrassed to have you living in their house, unmarried to their daughter, and not having your own place. 

Good for you.  How about standing by her and your child by getting married and moving them both out to a rented house for some independence?

Maybe that would get you some respect off the family more than just being there while your gf gives birth and sitting about in their house moaning about them.

I am not divorced from my last relationship and she wont respond, no way am i getting sucked into the hands of a greedy thai lawyer, i did not float into this world via the river mersey. 

19 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

yes but i am not going to desert my daughter due to them.

well then.... you have made your choice , no ?    you can't change them just as they can't change you .

In this situation(and others to follow) you will not get your way ( and "talking it out" with gf or family  is the impossible dream

that only a few TV members think will work.

I have a chicken next door that bothers me.   I can 1. ask the neighbor to get rid of it

2.  Go over there and kill it    3.  Move     4.  just put up with it 

If you were to advise me ,  which would be the answer ?

1 minute ago, rumak said:

well then.... you have made your choice , no ?    you can't change them just as they can't change you .

In this situation you will not get your way ( and "talking it out" with gf or family  is the impossible dream

that only a few TV members think will work.

I have a chicken next door that bothers me.   I can 1. ask the neighbor to get rid of it

2.  Go over there and kill it    3.  Move     4.  just put up with it 

If you were to advise me ,  which would be the answer ?

Take her for a sunset stroll on her trike buggy, i respect your thoughts unlike some p====ks here

39 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

I did and still have but they dont want her watching cartoons or even nursery songs, my mind is beyond belief with this culture.

How about watching some of the educational TV,  like Sesame Street. Lots of cheap DVD's you can pick up for kids.  Hook up a low priced DVD player and then she can watch them over and over again. Just put them on the TV  and she will be drawn to them like a magnet. I am talking from 3 kids experience.

3 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Plenty of religions people in UK.  OP says he wants religion free culture.  Most of the schools are Christian in the UK.  His daughter would be singing songs to 'the Lord' and saying grace before eating, as well as learning bible stories in morning assembly.

You will find most people in the UK go to church to get christenings, married, funerals.  There are also all the religions holidays like Easter and Christmas.  Even though they say they are not religions most believe in god and nearly all have their values and moral code from the bible (even if they have never read it).  

If not that then there is always Islam.  

As for his idea that this child is watching bad things on TV, we have the same rubbish in the UK, and most people watch it!  There are also a lot of angry, raciest people there too, as well as huge knife crime and gang violence, with teenagers out of control and no respect for elders.  Then there is the new 'religion' of Brexit that seems to always divide people.  Drugs are much more easily available to young people... London has the highest use of Cocaine in the world. 

I am just trying to say that if he thinks his life will be perfect where ever he goes he will always find religion, people with superstitions or values that are not the same as his.  And if he can't afford his own house in a nice place (which he clearly can't as he has to live with this Thai family), then he will be in worse position than he is here.  I can imagine him, an elderly man, pushing a Thai baby about in a pushchair picking flowers on a run down council estate full of yobs lol.  

Your experience of the UK is very different to mine.

My children weren't christened. I got married in a registry office. My mother's funeral was conducted in a crematorium, no religion involved. State schools (the majority) no longer force Christianity on their pupils. The UK is more or less completely secular now.

The OP is from Southport. A very gentile seaside resort with none of the problems you imagine. I imagine him strolling down the promenade taking in the sea air and sitting outside in one of several street cafes on Lord Street, sipping his cappuchino and watching the wolrd go by.

There is a 9pm watershed on TV, before which no programs deemed unsuitable for children can be shown.

On returning to the UK, the OP's pension will be unfrozen and he will recieve far more money than he does now.

1 minute ago, how241 said:

How about watching some of the educational TV,  like Sesame Street. Lots of cheap DVD's you can pick up for kids.  Hook up a low priced DVD player and then she can watch them over and over again. Just put them on the TV  and she will be drawn to them like a magnet. I am talking from 3 kids experience.

I do this in my bedroom on wide screen tv wich is the only one here other than there twiddly knob antique box and she loves it but the old gits dont like it, now you can see what i am banging a drum for.

1 minute ago, Liverpudlian said:

I do this in my bedroom on wide screen tv wich is the only one here other than there twiddly knob antique box and she loves it but the old gits dont like it, now you can see what i am banging a drum for.

I can't see what the problem might be if she is watching educational TV...There must be something else going on here. Good Luck.

Its so easy to second guess .  OP is younger than some of the old and wisened ones that have already made their mistakes in life.      I do believe , like many here,  that the situation is not a good one.   

I have a longtime friend that I told 20 years ago that i could not live in his situation.  He still complains about it .......  and is still with her.      

Learning and making hard choices ( especially with a child in the mix)   is part of life's misadventures.

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Your experience of the UK is very different to mine.

My children weren't christened. I got married in a registry office. My mother's funeral was conducted in a crematorium, no religion involved. State schools (the majority) no longer force Christianity on their pupils. The UK is more or less completely secular now.

The OP is from Southport. A very gentile seaside resort with none of the problems you imagine. I imagine him strolling down the promenade taking in the sea air and sitting outside in one of several street cafes on Lord Street, sipping his cappuchino and watching the wolrd go by.

There is a 9pm watershed on TV, before which no programs deemed unsuitable for children can be shown.

On returning to the UK, the OP's pension will be unfrozen and he will recieve far more money than he does now.

Bless ya cotton socks and eventualy i will return early spring and live off grid to wich i have done a ton of research and guese where i can send a bag of cash to each month cheers S====y

3 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

You could take her out and try to extract some luck-ee lottery numbers from a banana tree! Or have the inlaws already tried that?

Perhaps i should drop me strides squat down and curl one out for em to sprinkle some talc on ey ! but after the steam has gone.

6 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

Perhaps i should drop me strides squat down and curl one out for em to sprinkle some talc on ey ! but after the steam has gone.

No mate, you've got it wrong. Sprinkle the talc on whilst it's still steaming then everyone sits round waiting for the fog to clear and all is revealed. Works for me.

14 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Don't blame belief and culture, blame yourself not being able to get your own house and be independent.

Ive lost too much money to these wonderful buddhist folks in the past to do any better now, i DO NOT need to be here,its simply because i love my daughter i left last june for good and returned to the UK after 3 weeks i returned to continue to support her ... hands up any one else would do the same ? Nah i dont think so. but i did not expect my topic to end up in a god dam ring.

Yes, pack your bags, preferrably along with your wife. But talk to her first obviously.

You will never change your in-laws child care practices.

But you don't have to live with them.

However important to talk with your wife, who may like living with them, and arrive at a solution you can both accept. Maybe living within not too far a travel distance?

8 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

Ive lost too much money to these wonderful buddhist folks in the past to do any better now, i DO NOT need to be here,its simply because i love my daughter i left last june for good and returned to the UK after 3 weeks i returned to continue to support her ... hands up any one else would do the same ? Nah i dont think so. but i did not expect my topic to end up in a god dam ring.

Supporting your daughter is a great achievement? It is your duty.

Archived