What would you do with this episode

Liverpudlian

1 hour ago, Liverpudlian said:

The damage destroyed all the roofing timbers they actually nibbled there way up thru all the concrete upright supports and into the entire wood network of the building totaly unseen untill the fancy roof edgings started to fall off and all this happened while i was away chiang mai for 2 years and my ex did a number on me by going into debt and selling my motor but said it was stolen but hey ! i want to keep all that malarky in the grave and cope with this mission. 

After reading this, you ARE actually living a soap opera!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you want to turn her into a European? good luck with that. She is Thai and she will probably live the rest of her life here and that will include stupid soaps, beliefs in ghosts and amulets and an adoration for certain institutions here about which we can't speak. Try controlling if you want, you will lose.

I have a 12 year old son here, he doesn't watch soaps but spends much of his time watching some American rubbish on his laptop and playing online games. I have tried steering him on to watching something decent (occasionally it works) but mostly to no avail. What can I say, he is always the class best at school, wins the inter-school competition in English every year. He believes in ghosts but dislikes anything to do with the temple or the military, he couldn't care less about his European ie British heritage but he doesn't care much for his Thai heritage either, he will create his own character without my controlling him so I don't, we get on fine, I'm always surprised to find he holds me in high regard and obeys me.

27 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

Perhaps but my ex will not respond to divorce requests and i am NO MUG to pay lawyers for a stand off result.

Fair.

but you can get married in Thailand and not register the marriage until you get the divorce. Then IMO you really need  to do the right thing. 

I am not telling you what to do, I don't have enough information about you and your GF to know what the right thing  for both of you is but   from your posts I think you have a sense of what the right thing is. 

And relax. good and bad things about Thai culture, not unlike our culture.  How does AA payer goes?

I have it on my home office wall , My mom crochet it and framed it for me , and I am not an Alcoholic, or even religious,but it is good thing to always remind ourselves off..

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference "

Your only option is to move out. Why be stuck with people of their ilk? Explain this to your wife. Either she will support you, or she will behave like a conventional woman living in a tiny box. Either way, you need to move on, if you want to have a life. Do not let termites dictate the quality of your life. Most Thai grandparents know little about raising a kid and put very little into it, other than long term babysitting. 

If you decided to move on, and contest the custody of your daughter, it is likely you would win in court, unless your wife has a substantial income. The courts have recently been ruling in favor of the one which  can provide support for the child. That might wake up your wife!

4 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

Oh yes i do ! i pay for her upbringing amongs other little luxury's  they did not have before i came into the scene, show a thai male who does that in the villages here, waiting with baited breath.

So you want a medal as well? Busting a gut trying to set an example in the moobahn are we?

How's your blood pressure BTW?

3 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

I do this in my bedroom on wide screen tv wich is the only one here other than there twiddly knob antique box and she loves it but the old gits dont like it, now you can see what i am banging a drum for.

A new telly for the rels?

On 10/15/2019 at 7:24 PM, Liverpudlian said:

This kid at "that age" understands english from me and thai from them.... no joke she is as bright as a silver dollar, are you a dad ??

He's clearly not otherwise he would know children now a days are smart as hell much smarter then we where at that age . At the age of two they can handle an i pad better then most of us ????

4 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

Ive lost too much money to these wonderful buddhist folks in the past to do any better now, i DO NOT need to be here,its simply because i love my daughter i left last june for good and returned to the UK after 3 weeks i returned to continue to support her ... hands up any one else would do the same ? Nah i dont think so. but i did not expect my topic to end up in a god dam ring.

Do you seriously think you are that unique.Your not the only one that stick around for your daughter,but at least I have my own house to stay in.I just pulled out the popcorn to follow how your doing.

Hello

I sorry to hear your plight, can't you entertain your daughter when the TV is on, ie go out for a walk and talk, mind you when they grow up there have there heads stuck in there phones, but I think you have to stand up and put your foot down, and if your paying all the bills then maybe you will have a good chance in this battle.

7 hours ago, mickylongtime said:

Hello

I sorry to hear your plight, can't you entertain your daughter when the TV is on, ie go out for a walk and talk, mind you when they grow up there have there heads stuck in there phones, but I think you have to stand up and put your foot down, and if your paying all the bills then maybe you will have a good chance in this battle.

Yep we go out for strolls with here trike buggy , i did not mention that its mainly sat sun this trouble kicks of when g/fs parents are back home from there business in another town ... g/f doesnt watch this <deleted> she thinks same as me thank god but wont argue with her elders.

2 years..they are actualy caring folks and always call me out to share tucker and beers BUT they riddled in the voodoo malarky and full controll of my G/F who is 37, i cant for the life of me adapt to this "so called" culture ??
Well as you have a child who is Thai citizen and ethnically half Thai, you had better make your peace with it.

Not to sound harsh but it is way too late to have the option not to. Bringing a child into the world is a huge step and responsibility, and one you can't back out of after the fact.

It really isn't that hard to adapt here once you decide to, especially as Thais are pretty tolerant of cultural differences.

You just have to accept the fact that you need to adjust - you, not Thailand which is not going to change to suit you. Make compromises and find work-arounds for the things you find intolerable.

Your problem is you are still in the stage of putting up mental resistance against the culture instead of accepting that it is what it is, and figuring out practical means to best to live in it.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

31 minutes ago, norfolkandchance said:

Did you spend some time in Australia.

2 years sunshine coast selling my arty crafts including bush hats fitted with tampons to attract the fly's mate, those were the days when i was as dry as a dead dingo's donga ! ????

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

You just have to accept the fact that you need to adjust - you, not Thailand which is not going to change to suit you. Make compromises and find work-arounds for the things you find intolerable.

Your problem is you are still in the stage of putting up mental resistance against the culture instead of accepting that it is what it is, and figuring out practical means to best to live in it.

A lot of good ideas in the thread from many to consider...  I quoted this one because I had to make adjustments to my thinking similar 

to this. 

I was born in Mid-50s the way I was raised and I had to adjust some (stubborn) raising my kids when I was just 20 2 boy then a year later daughter... no other children but 3 nephews 1 niece life

here 95% of the time along with Mama and Papa...

Theres a 1 room wood cabin type wattachee shower toilet. Mama and Papa stay.

i won’t go on although I could .... if you don’t ways to adjusts you going drive yourself crazy. It took a while with the In-laws but now all good. They’d see me wash my dishes , pans etc when I cook. 

Wash my own clothes... I’m kinda Anal retentive got that from my

Dad .. he didn’t wash but they had be his way...

so make some things don’t think much of it., adjust a little it’s good

and might even make the entire family relationship grow. You daughter watching is probably just to hang out with the family..

if she had the controller it’d probably be cartoons...

I have a grin a mile wide reading some of the froth and foam here, my beef is trying to convince them a 2 1/2 year old should NOT be veiwing this stuff and i stand firm with the NOT thus i will take her out of the house and take here to a park , does that sound like any sense to you folks ? the rest of your thoughts aside from the topic is water of a ducks back with all due respects.

The more (positive and good) interaction you have with your kids at an early age - Will always have a positive effect on the child later on .... That is unquestionable... we can then all debate what constitute ‘positive and good ‘ :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

o make some things don’t think much of it., adjust a little it’s good

and might even make the entire family relationship grow. You daughter watching is probably just to hang out with the family..

if she had the controller it’d probably be cartoons...

My son is very independent, he's been choosing his own TV since age 4.

He can turn on the computer/smartTV and select Youtube and select his own viewing.

Up in my bedroom at the moment, on his own, watching Minecraft walkthroughs.

As long as I'm in the house, he's happy.

After a while he'll come downstairs and ask to play Minecraft on the Xbox 360.

On 10/15/2019 at 7:11 PM, Liverpudlian said:

Theres no way i can take on an entire familly on in there own home and no way would i be able to move out and take her with me ... they have the power over me as i am n alien.

You are not asking for advice, you're simply confessing your weakness. Nobody can help you with that.

In most cases such as this power is ceded by the 'victim', not taken. The oppressed and the oppressor are cooperaters in ignorance.

If you've given up control of your daughters life then you may as well leave and live the life you want somewhere else. Apparently the die is cast.

Or you could just cut the power cord to the TV and walk away smiling.

Good luck.

5 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

2 years sunshine coast selling my arty crafts including bush hats fitted with tampons to attract the fly's mate, those were the days when i was as dry as a dead dingo's donga ! ????

Bush hats fitted with tampons? You should have shifted to Fortitude Valley, would have made a fortune there.

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Bush hats fitted with tampons? You should have shifted to Fortitude Valley, would have made a fortune there.

I did a bundle of cash at the Eumundi market heck of a busy venue with some inredible artists that inspired me no end, at this moment i am into gourds amongst other projects wich i will make , 1 of those is featured in my gourd farming project  farming section . regards J.

2 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

I did a bundle of cash at the Eumundi market heck of a busy venue with some inredible artists that inspired me no end, at this moment i am into gourds amongst other projects wich i will make , 1 of those is featured in my gourd farming project  farming section . regards J.

I understand gourds are used in some cultures of minimum dress as penis sheaths. Thought you may be interested.

10 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

Ripper ! i used to make penis shaped wall clocks with balls and sold a few on patts addicts  ????  

Excuse me, but as OP don't you think we are a tad off topic? Tampons and gourd sheaths. What's next is giving me palpitations.

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Excuse me, but as OP don't you think we are a tad off topic? Tampons and gourd sheaths. What's next is giving me palpitations.

Thats a scoucer for ya ! as for the topic it has helped bus loads getting poo of my chest if you get my drift.

4 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

Thats a scoucer for ya ! as for the topic it has helped bus loads getting poo of my chest if you get my drift.

Believe it or not, I was in love once with a scouse. Birkenhead actually. She married someone else. Salt of the earth.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Believe it or not, I was in love once with a scouse. Birkenhead actually. She married someone else. Salt of the earth.

It was me ! ya poor sod but i had to give her marching orders cos she didnt like my brand of beer and its pronounced Bearkinead OK !

On 10/16/2019 at 3:27 PM, rumak said:

well then.... you have made your choice , no ?    you can't change them just as they can't change you .

In this situation(and others to follow) you will not get your way ( and "talking it out" with gf or family  is the impossible dream

that only a few TV members think will work.

I have a chicken next door that bothers me.   I can 1. ask the neighbor to get rid of it

2.  Go over there and kill it    3.  Move     4.  just put up with it 

If you were to advise me ,  which would be the answer ?

He wouldn't try and ask the neighbors to buy the chicken because he's already shown how selfish he is.

He'd open a new thread here that his neighbor's chicken is too loud and ask for advice what to do. 

Somebody who's blaming Thais to watch soap operas in their OWN house, on their OWN TV, must have some mental issues.

5 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

He wouldn't try and ask the neighbors to buy the chicken because he's already shown how selfish he is.

He'd open a new thread here that his neighbor's chicken is too loud and ask for advice what to do. 

Somebody who's blaming Thais to watch soap operas in their OWN house, on their OWN TV, must have some mental issues.

At least ive given you something to sling you handbag at , obviously you have not kept up to date with my latest thoughts on this topic.

Archived