Singha acquires majority stake in Santa Fe restaurant chain

Singha acquires majority stake in Santa Fe restaurant chain

By The Nation

800_fe7f0424f89a2a2.jpg

Singha Corporation Ltd now holds a 90 per cent stake in the steak restaurant chain Santa Fe after purchasing shares held by Lakeshore Capital for approximately US$50 million (Bt1.52 billion), revealed DealStreetAsia.

This acquisition, which will see Singha overseeing more than 110 Santa Fe restaurants across Thailand, is seen one of the hottest deals in the local food industry this year. The beverage giant began focusing on the food industry two years ago when it launched the Food Factors Company under the Boon Rawd Brewery Co group. 

Food Factors, under the leadership of Piti Bhirombhakdi, has many projects under its belt and aims to make Bt5 billion in income over three years since its inception and has set a long-term income target of Bt10 billion per year. It also plans to be listed in the stock exchange. 

The Santa Fe chain was established in 2003 by Surachai Charn-Anudet’s KT Restaurantn Company and aimed to become a major competitor to Sizzler, an American chain brought to Thailand by Minor Food.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377419

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-15

What we are looking at here is the makers of the most mediocre beer imaginable, acquiring a chain of restaurants that makes food that is so inferior it boggles the mind. You would have to be going out of your way to make a product this poor. It is actually a good fit. A company known around the world for it's mediocrity, deliberately seeking low quality acquisitions. What can one even say? The Budweiser of Thailand. 

I used Santa Fa just once. I went to dine with my wife and her brother. He and I ordered the same thing, one of their steaks. One was brought to the table, and I politely let him have it. He had finished his before mine arrived, and when I asked why the same dish could not be served to two people at the same time the waitress burst into tears. It's like dealing with children. On top of that, the steak was inedible.

On 10/15/2019 at 8:25 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

I used Santa Fa just once. I went to dine with my wife and her brother. He and I ordered the same thing, one of their steaks. One was brought to the table, and I politely let him have it. He had finished his before mine arrived, and when I asked why the same dish could not be served to two people at the same time the waitress burst into tears. It's like dealing with children. On top of that, the steak was inedible.

Too much confrontation? Could not handle being questioned? Hello. Where is the grit? The toughness? Why such low self esteem? 

Archived