THE world’s most dangerous countries for a holiday have been named – and they might not be the ones you’d think.

nasa123

6 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Whatever the criteria, No.3 on the list is not good. Had it been assessed for risk of being robbed by a ladyboy, Thailand could have made No.1.

Yeah, or die of natural causes. At least thats the police conclusion most of the time they find a dead foreigner.

After that you have the dangerous though of engaging in driving any kind of motorized veichle.

I also quite sure that the number of "accidental" suicides by falling from high positions will contribute to the danger percentage.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

What can we say? A list based on what kind of danger?

What should we say about the source?

Isn't the Sun similar to the German "Bild"?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/7694124/most-dangerous-countries-holiday/

From 2018:

Japan was deemed the riskiest place to visit when it comes to events like earthquakes and typhoons, followed by Vietnam, and then Greece.

It seems that anybody these days can come up with a statistic that doesn't mean anything. 

It only look at 20 country. So the headline is a lie.

Have 194 country the world.

Barbados Iceland UAE Singapore France Canada Spain US Australia Italy Jordan Turkey South Africa Mexico Thailand Morocco India Greece Vietnam Japan

Read more: https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/11/the-worlds-safest-places-revealed/ - Which?

Lists like this are pretty pointless with no criteria cited.

In most cases it's a case of applying common sense, which admittedly many folks do check-in before boarding a flight to Thailand, often forgetting to reclaim it.

I've done enough daft things in Thailand in my time there, though have nothing worse than a (luckily) dry bite from a Russell's Viper to show for my pains. 

I'd like to think I'd no sooner go for a night time stroll in a gang neighbourhood in the USA or South Africa, than I would go swimming in a silty Australian estuary, or go sunbathing on a Japanese beach just after an earthquake...

22 hours ago, Yinn said:

It only look at 20 country. So the headline is a lie.

Have 194 country the world.

Barbados Iceland UAE Singapore France Canada Spain US Australia Italy Jordan Turkey South Africa Mexico Thailand Morocco India Greece Vietnam Japan

Read more: https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/11/the-worlds-safest-places-revealed/ - Which?

I have to state, that link doesn't really help your case.

1.jpg

It's ranked at 118th out of 136 for crime risk. That is according to the article to which you have used as a reference. That's not good, by any measure.

Look at the company it keeps.

Unless they include double standard pricing and the occasional jet ski scam I really don’t see how Thailand is very high on that list. In your face crimes like muggings, assault etc against foreign tourists seems quite rare and when it does happen makes national news! I can completely understand my country, the USA being on it because of our high urban crime rates in places like Chicago and DC especially.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Hey I've always been convinced that travel safe abroad is the key to an unforgettable vacation. I was recently in Barcelona and while standing near the bus station a man came up to me and just started asking something I said I wasn't local and I didn't know at this time while I was distracted by the first the second came behind me and stole my shoulder bag where I had an iPad and a laptop. It was very unpleasant and left a residue on the whole vacation. I fly to Naples next month.and I read an article about the tourist situation in the city, very useful information for those who are for the first time there. I think  I'll be more vigilant this time

Archived