Deportation for weed possession

GoldmundBKK

17 hours ago, digger70 said:

I would say, don't do drugs and be in possession of drugs than you would be ok , No sympathy, self inflicted problem.

Very nearly everybody does drugs, depending on your definition of drugs.

Coffee, tea, alcohol, sugar, coco, aspirin /analgesics, etc. All of these affect our actions and judgment.

The human brain has specific receptors for THC. Did you know that?

Of course it is ultimately safer to bend to the will of every major and minor authority figure or group in order to avoid issues with their beliefs, irregardless of your own.

Assuming you can face yourself in the mirror every morning.

I advocate personal decisions based on risk/reward ratio. Every choice in life involves risk.

• Like 2

Just need to go to walking Street or Beach Road at any time of the night and watch the proliferation of drug deals happening. The Thais are partying on the beach awaiting their customers, then walk across to their designated tree and dig in the sand for the drug supply much to their customers appreciation.

This occurs nightly even in front of the Police station at Soi nine????????‍♂️????????????

F1C4DBD0-E3DE-4446-BA5B-AAADA9406CDA.png

• Like 1

On 10/16/2019 at 7:52 PM, anwa said:

Thai can smoke weed not farang.

I think it's the other way around, if anything..  sounds like the 'bi-polar girl' is getting a much harsher treatment than the usual bloke-according to the reports of similar cases on this post.. wondering if her 'bi-polar' behavior when she got caught really <deleted> off the cops and so their throwing the book at her..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Unfair, you know the rules. If you don't care, don't moan when you get caught.

Yeah the rules say I can buy hash oil in a shop legally,so every right to moan.That being said I think there are a few pieces of this story that are missing.

On 10/16/2019 at 5:06 AM, geronimo said:

friend of mine was fined 500 baht for having one joint, which is the going rate for such a small amount.

That's funny because 30 years in East Asia, Thailand I'd always heard that it was 30k. 10k bribe to make it disappear before charges.

Have to be really dim to have weed on you here. Don't feel least bit sympathetic.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OumarhindaOunsingha said:

Yes, I do not understand it, too. Such small amount... Why so aggressive by the Thai authorities? Or maybe it was a lot more than 1g?

Well. all we have is the OP's understanding of the situation.

Perhaps he has misunderstood or was not told the full story. I find it difficult to believe (but who knows) that someone would be arrested, held in jail and deported over such a small amount.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OumarhindaOunsingha said:

Yes, I do not understand it, too. Such small amount... Why so aggressive by the Thai authorities? Or maybe it was a lot more than 1g?

Yes 1 gram for the prosecution and the rest for sale ????

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Doge said:

That's funny because 30 years in East Asia, Thailand I'd always heard that it was 30k. 10k bribe to make it disappear before charges.

Have to be really dim to have weed on you here. Don't feel least bit sympathetic.

me either thousands more like her arriving by the plane loads daily