BANGKOK
GoldmundBKK

Deportation for weed possession

On 10/16/2019 at 4:52 PM, IvorLott said:

Random searches/urine tests of foreigners in the Sukhumwit area (especially around the Asoke intersection area) was very common a few years ago, to the extent this outrage made the international press. I had a business contact overlooking the area, and we would watch the villains at it every day; the vermin would even drag folks from taxis.

Don't underestimate what the Thai police can or can't do, they are a law unto themselves.

I guess this is why they now need the Indians. Social media very damaging. I know they would never harass their Chinese tourists because their President would have something to say and the Thais would beg for forgiveness. It's a shame Western leaders are so pathetic at protecting their Citizens. 

• Like 2

There is nothing you can do to speed it up and those who asking for "donation" could be  trying to scam.

But it all depends on WHY she is getting deported, is there a court order? or immigration made the decision?

Is it due to being convicted or visa over stay.

If its a court order, then she has to wait for court documents to reach immigration, for it then to reach detention, for them then to process it and make arrangements.

If its decision of immigration, then it should not be taking long time and perhaps hold up is either wanting donation or something is not right

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Doge said:

That's funny because 30 years in East Asia, Thailand I'd always heard that it was 30k. 10k bribe to make it disappear before charges.

Have to be really dim to have weed on you here. Don't feel least bit sympathetic.

be careful what you hear then

• Haha 1

Be thankful, in some countries in South East Asia, it can be the death penalty if they suspect you of bringing drugs into the country.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Be thankful, in some countries in South East Asia, it can be the death penalty if they suspect you of bringing drugs into the country.

Just being pedantic but death penalty even if suspected of importing, don't even need to go to court?

any farang with half a brain will have a med prescription and luckily, us old timers are not the type that cops think do this stuff!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, geronimo said:

any farang with half a brain will have a med prescription and luckily, us old timers are not the type that cops think do this stuff!!!

Sorry but I failed the half of a brain test and feel quite envious.I have heard that THC can expand the mind so I've spent most of my life trying to do that and am almost there.Pass the bong!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Sorry but I failed the half of a brain test and feel quite envious.I have heard that THC can expand the mind so I've spent most of my life trying to do that and am almost there.Pass the bong!

get yourself to the clinic man! They have what you need!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Just being pedantic but death penalty even if suspected of importing, don't even need to go to court?

In the Philippine they will shoot you before you have a chance to understand what is happening. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tayaout said:

In the Philippine they will shoot you before you have a chance to understand what is happening. 

for a gram of weed?

• Haha 1