Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Prayut to attend Japanese emperor’s coronation ceremony

Recommended Posts

Prayut to attend Japanese emperor’s coronation ceremony

By THE NATION

 

800_7c617d40216f5ce.jpg?v=1571131370

 

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha said on Tuesday after a Cabinet meeting that he would visit Japan from October 21 to 24 as a guest at the coronation ceremony of Japanese Emperor Naruhito after being invited by the Japanese government to attend the event.

 

His spouse Naraporn Chan-o-cha and a small group of officials will accompany him.

 

“As for the Cabinet meeting next Tuesday [October 22], Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan will be the chairman in my place,” Prayut said.

 

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377415

 

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan

3  days should be enough to overthrow  the country just like Thaksin

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope this ceremony won't last for 4 days, won't cost taxpayer billion baht and civil servants, police and soldiers won't be bussed in to line the streets for the motorcade.

 

so what prayuth is going to do in tokyo for the rest 3.5 days?

a shopping spree for wifie and her entourage of noble women?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I cannot resist it!

 - to keep going back to stare at his salute 😱 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, graemeaylward said:

 


I understand your sentiment, however, as I am from the United Kingdom, where our monarch is not considered a god or Demi-God, and still performs public duties, meeting people, throughout the land, not just in the capital city, even though she is in her nineties, I must disagree. Our queen is not "shut away" from the public, resides in the UK and takes an active interest in the lives of ordinary people. She is a figurehead and as such provides some form of stability to the Nation which an elected President would not! I believe that UK has a true constitutional monarchy which works well in these turbulent times.


Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

 

please put your glasses on when typing

 

 

Edited by steven100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, graemeaylward said:

 


I understand your sentiment, however, as I am from the United Kingdom, where our monarch is not considered a god or Demi-God, and still performs public duties, meeting people, throughout the land, not just in the capital city, even though she is in her nineties, I must disagree. Our queen is not "shut away" from the public, resides in the UK and takes an active interest in the lives of ordinary people. She is a figurehead and as such provides some form of stability to the Nation which an elected President would not! I believe that UK has a true constitutional monarchy which works well in these turbulent times.


Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

 

I respect your opinion G. I'm an American, but I must say my best friends here in Thailand are Brits. From what I've seen your queen is a very nice old lady (no disrespect intended), and while not considered divine, has "royal" blood, which automatically makes her better than you or I am. What will you say when her bat-eared, chinless son becomes your figurehead (I got bat-eared and chinless from a Brit)? I just don't think these things are necessary anymore. Peace brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe just maybe perfect timing to get away from 

the great budget debate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'His spouse Naraporn Chan-o-cha and a small group of officials will accompany him'.

Ref the picture - caption, 'What's that you say?  A free junket for all my buddies at the taxpayers' expense?  Go on then, you talked me into it.'

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope he doesn't get any ideas, surely there can't be a king and an emperor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nickstav said:

I respect your opinion G. I'm an American, but I must say my best friends here in Thailand are Brits. From what I've seen your queen is a very nice old lady (no disrespect intended), and while not considered divine, has "royal" blood, which automatically makes her better than you or I am. What will you say when her bat-eared, chinless son becomes your figurehead (I got bat-eared and chinless from a Brit)? I just don't think these things are necessary anymore. Peace brother.

I don't see why you need to insult Charles when he didn't ask to be the king in waiting. He just happened to be born to her.

It's highly unlikely he will become king. That is more likely to go to William. IMO it's just that no one wants to say that as long as she is alive.

IMO, they are not going to change all the currency just for the few years he will live after his mother passes away. She might even outlive him at this rate. Pity she didn't abdicate years ago and let him have it then, but she is apparently going to hang on till her last breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Post removed and responses to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pm alltime lick maak japanese and chinese money, how much japanese pay him corrupt money ewery month because him like lick japanese and chinese busines mens <deleted> eweryday more. idiot do this, chinese not need keep in counbtry newer make any business, same come lot lot problem all country, lot criminals and problems if keep chine or japanese busines to country. all need take out country.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now, here is a classic case in point, certainly he & his entourage should go & preferably fly Thai.

Thai must raise an invoice & actually  get paid by the "Office of the Prime Minister.

Will this happen ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, finnishmen said:

pm alltime lick maak japanese and chinese money, how much japanese pay him corrupt money ewery month because him like lick japanese and chinese busines mens <deleted> eweryday more. idiot do this, chinese not need keep in counbtry newer make any business, same come lot lot problem all country, lot criminals and problems if keep chine or japanese busines to country. all need take out country.

Time for a few English lessons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...