BANGKOK
Blue bruce

400,000 baht for marriage visa

Hello everyone, My Thai  wife is in the process of selling her home. she is giving me half the proceeds. I don't quite understand if the 400,000 in my Thai bank account must come from outside of Thailand or  can I take the 400,000 and deposit it into my Thai bank account and use it for my Marriage extension or must i send it out of the country and send it back into Thailand.

and better deposit like 1k extra and make sure it will not drop below for 2 months until you got approved

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue bruce said:

Hello everyone, My Thai  wife is in the process of selling her home. she is giving me half the proceeds. I don't quite understand if the 400,000 in my Thai bank account must come from outside of Thailand or  can I take the 400,000 and deposit it into my Thai bank account and use it for my Marriage extension or must i send it out of the country and send it back into Thailand.

Unless you've earned it in Thailand it is supposed to come from abroad; however, they will not ask or check where it came from.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kralledr said:

and better deposit like 1k extra and make sure it will not drop below for 2 months until you got approved

How can Thai baht fall and become a lesser amount as a domestic currency in Thailand? Really?

To: OP. Yes you can make the deposit of money in Thailand. They do not interest themself about where the money comes from as it is right now.

• Like 1

For my "O" extension I've had 400K in the bank 3 months in advance for years because I was told some immigration officers don't accept the 2 months. Did anyone had a problem with holding it only 2 months in Bank?

5 hours ago, Moobahn said:

Did anyone had a problem with holding it only 2 months in Bank?

Only at 1 or 2 rogue offices that wanted it in the bank for 3 months since the were using the old rules for retirement extensions.

Not sure they are still doing that or not since it is now since is now 2 months for them as well.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Only at 1 or 2 rogue offices that wanted it in the bank for 2 months since the were using the old rules for retirement extensions.

Not sure they are still doing that or not since it is now since is now 2 months for them as well.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Only at 1 or 2 rogue offices that wanted it in the bank for 3 months since the were using the old rules for retirement extensions.

I think you meant that a couple of rogue offices wanted three months?

25 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

I think you meant that a couple of rogue offices wanted three months?

Fixed

The IO at chiang mai immigration said the 400000 has to come from abroad yesterday. Now I am really confused .   

• Confused 1

I just show a Thai bank book with 400K+ in there and a letter from the bank stating the amount in my account, dated 2 days before I visit immigration. Than on the day I visit immigration I transfer 100 baht from another account into my 400K account and update the bank book. I make a photo copy of the updated book and they never asked where the money originated from

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, whopper said:

The IO at chiang mai immigration said the 400000 has to come from abroad yesterday. Now I am really confused .   

There is no requirement to prove the 400k baht came from abroad in any rule.

But of course that is Chiang Mai immigration that makes up their own rules.