400,000 baht for marriage visa

28 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

In that case you are dealing with a rogue IO.  As there is NO requirement that you need to prove the +800.000 THB are from foreign origins WHEN APPLYING FOR A 1-YEAR EXTENSION based on your original Non Imm O Visa.

When using the +800K Funds-in-Bank method you only need to prove the foreign origins of those funds when you apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa.  As you need to prove the foreign origins at Visa application, it is quite logical that you do not need to prove that again when applying for 1-year extensions of that original Non Imm O Visa.

Would be nice to quote rules to someone without it coming back to bite you in the bum further down the line. ????????

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, overherebc said:

My local office wants to see the 800,000 has come from overseas when you apply for a 'first' 12 month retirement extension. It could be 65,000 a month income as well.

If it is income  (65,000 pcm), yes it needs to be coming from overseas. If your office requires that 800,000 on deposit, presumably seasoned for 2 months be demonstrated as coming from overseas, for the 'first' retirement extension, it is a requirement they have come up with. 

Might be useful to mention which office. 

49 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

If it is income  (65,000 pcm), yes it needs to be coming from overseas. If your office requires that 800,000 on deposit, presumably seasoned for 2 months be demonstrated as coming from overseas, for the 'first' retirement extension, it is a requirement they have come up with. 

Might be useful to mention which office. 

If I mention the office for sure someone will post that it didn't apply to them when they use that office. That's the way it is.

????

1 minute ago, overherebc said:

If I mention the office for sure someone will post that it didn't apply to them when they use that office. That's the way it is.

????

Just wondering if it is one of those places fairly well known for having their own special requirements. Your call. No reflection on you if your office is 'special'...????

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Just wondering if it is one of those places fairly well known for having their own special requirements. Your call. No reflection on you if your office is 'special'...????

Some couples I know are asked for petrol money for the home vist, some are not.

I'll say again, that's the way it is.

• 3 weeks later...

Am about to apply for a 1 Year extension based on Marriage/Children.  I dropped past Hua Hin Immigration and asked for a document checklist and the one they provided has a requirement: "The evidence of Transfer money from abroad".

Has anyone gone through the process recently at Hua Hin?  How tough are they with this?

Inkedimmi_LI.jpg

8 hours ago, lamush said:

Am about to apply for a 1 Year extension based on Marriage/Children.  I dropped past Hua Hin Immigration and asked for a document checklist and the one they provided has a requirement: "The evidence of Transfer money from abroad".

You have relies in the topic you started. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1199539-proving-400k-was-transferred-from-overseas-1-year-marriage-extension-hua-hin/

Proof it came from abroad is not required..

Archived