Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Parents of a Japanese tourist killed 12 years ago to meet Thailand’s Justice Minister

Recommended Posts

Parents of a Japanese tourist killed 12 years ago to meet Thailand’s Justice Minister

 

gmrl6mbo.jpg

 

Japanese police, and parents of a Japanese tourist killed at Sukhothai historical park 12 years ago, are due to meet with Justice Minister Somsak Thepsuthin tomorrow (Wednesday) to follow up on the investigation.

 

Mr. Somsak said today that updated findings are expected in the next three weeks from forensic investigators, who have been testing DNA samples from more people suspected to have been involved in the murder.

 

He said that none of the around 300 DNA samples tested to date match the samples found at the crime scene. The 27-year old victim, Ms. Tomoko Kawashita, visited the Sukhothai historical park alone on November 25, 2007.  She was found stabbed to death near Wat Saphan Hin, with her personal belongings missing, though her bicycle was found beside her body.

 

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/parents-of-a-japanese-tourist-killed-12-years-ago-to-meet-thailands-justice-minister/

 

thaipbs.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Justice' moves on Thai time too.

Edited by Creasy
misspelling
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 years to do the DNA ? The sentence in this case for the perp will be to die of extreme old age

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's childish to expect justice in any police state in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

12 years to do the DNA ? The sentence in this case for the perp will be to die of extreme old age

Seems they are still carrying out DNA tests as new suspects come to light, or become available. 

 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

... findings are expected in the next three weeks from forensic investigators, who have been testing DNA samples from more people suspected to have been involved in the murder.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the tourist been Chinese, or an important Thai, justice would have been immediate. 

 

Feel so bad for these Japanese. 

 

Dealing with Thailand must be its own torture for them. 

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

Had the tourist been Chinese, or an important Thai, justice would have been immediate. 

 

Feel so bad for these Japanese. 

 

Dealing with Thailand must be its own torture for them. 

And the Burmese culprit/scapegoat would have already been in jail for years.

Edited by Reigntax
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...