House committee to invite General Apirat for chat over his controversial speech

webfact

House committee to invite General Apirat for chat over his controversial speech

Apirat-Komgsompong.jpg

The House Committee for Security Affairs, National Borders, Strategy and Reform has agreed to invite Army Commander-in-Chief General Apirat Kongsompong to an “exchange of views” on October 21st over the controversial speech he gave at the Army headquarters last week.

The committee spokesman, Mr Phiradet Kamsamut of the Future Forward party, said Tuesday that the committee felt that General Apirat’s lecture had attracted a lot of mixed opinions on social media and expects that he will accept the invitation.

In his lecture, entitled “Our land from security perspective” before an invited audience, General Apirat alleged that a number of ill-intentioned politicians and hard-core communist remnants were waging “hybrid warfare” to destroy the country.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/house-committee-to-invite-general-apirat-for-chat-over-his-controversial-speech/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As good as it is to see that Future Forward and others are trying to rein in certain persons, they must realise by now that Thailand is not a democracy (but a militocracy backed by certain forces)  and that all the power is invested in those very persons and types whose ideas they oppose.

Most of us have long understood that the regime is one which is deaf to rational argument - and most of all to the entire concepts of justice, equity, democracy and civil liberty.

Thailand is not out of the woods yet - and will not be, so far as I can see, for many dark years to come ...

This so called "general" and I use that word loosely because that's basically what he is a loose canon. He should be told by the Government to stay in his barracks and keep his big mouth shut, otherwise this country will never regain total democracy

2 hours ago, webfact said:

General Apirat alleged that a number of ill-intentioned politicians and hard-core communist remnants were waging “hybrid warfare” to destroy the country.

once again, on display for all to see, thai leadership lacking intelligence

3 hours ago, webfact said:

“exchange of views”

Sounds far too tame for a government that is for and by the people.  The man deserves a Dean Martin roast at the very least.  Get the feeling he will just run amuck again and again.  Given how delusional he is, he will either cause great change one way or another.   

The committee spokesman, Mr Phiradet Kamsamut of the Future Forward party, said Tuesday that the committee felt that General Apirat’s lecture had attracted a lot of mixed opinions on social media and expects that he will accept the invitation.

I come, but when I say it and not when you invite me little civilians ...

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Now Khun Apirat you must be a good chap, calm yourself down.

Please wait a while, your turn at the trough will come, at the moment it is our turn.:cheesy::cheesy:

As the saying goes 'delusions of grandeur'!! But they are too thick to understand it!! 555😂🤣

expects that he will accept the invitation.

Don't hold your breath,because he ain't coming,has to wash his hair

or something,polish a tank.whatever.

regards Worgeordie

Archived