BANGKOK
webfact

House committee to invite General Apirat for chat over his controversial speech

House committee to invite General Apirat for chat over his controversial speech

Apirat-Komgsompong.jpg

The House Committee for Security Affairs, National Borders, Strategy and Reform has agreed to invite Army Commander-in-Chief General Apirat Kongsompong to an “exchange of views” on October 21st over the controversial speech he gave at the Army headquarters last week.

The committee spokesman, Mr Phiradet Kamsamut of the Future Forward party, said Tuesday that the committee felt that General Apirat’s lecture had attracted a lot of mixed opinions on social media and expects that he will accept the invitation.

In his lecture, entitled “Our land from security perspective” before an invited audience, General Apirat alleged that a number of ill-intentioned politicians and hard-core communist remnants were waging “hybrid warfare” to destroy the country.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/house-committee-to-invite-general-apirat-for-chat-over-his-controversial-speech/

thaipbs.jpg

44, 44, 44, 

how I  would love to see it used here,

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

“exchange of views”

Sounds far too tame for a government that is for and by the people.  The man deserves a Dean Martin roast at the very least.  Get the feeling he will just run amuck again and again.  Given how delusional he is, he will either cause great change one way or another.   

• Like 2

The committee spokesman, Mr Phiradet Kamsamut of the Future Forward party, said Tuesday that the committee felt that General Apirat’s lecture had attracted a lot of mixed opinions on social media and expects that he will accept the invitation.

I come, but when I say it and not when you invite me little civilians ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Now Khun Apirat you must be a good chap, calm yourself down.

Please wait a while, your turn at the trough will come, at the moment it is our turn.:cheesy::cheesy:

As the saying goes 'delusions of grandeur'!! But they are too thick to understand it!! 555😂🤣

• Haha 1

expects that he will accept the invitation.

Don't hold your breath,because he ain't coming,has to wash his hair

or something,polish a tank.whatever.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2