BANGKOK
webfact

Russia says 'unacceptable' Turkish incursion into Syria must be temporary

8 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

"Unacceptable" has become one of the new buzzwords for diplomats. Nowadays everything that the West doesn't like it deems to be "unacceptable". 

It is now being used by the West's chief enemy, Mr Putin. The jealousy of Mr Putin runs very deep in the West....indeed he is "unacceptable" because ehe does "unacceptable" things, like "liberating" Crimea" (or "invading" Crimea if you are writing for the West) and "helping Syria avoid the Western backed regime change" (or "interfering: in Syria if you are from the West).

Putin has outsmarted the West almost at every turn....and the latest Syrian gambit looks like a repeat of the same long running show. Outsmarting the leaders of the West, weak, spineless and pusillanimous as they are, is of course "unacceptable" from a Western point of view, even if, or especially, if it brings peace to the region. "Unacceptable" apparently is a diplomatic code word for doing nothing when it comes from the West. I suspect that used by Putin, it might actually be translated into actions.

One wonders how long the West can carry on with such useless leadership....and if I sound like a Putin fan, I unashamedly am, but sadly I don't get paid for it. Don't get me wrong, I see Putin has some less than desirable qualities, like ruthlessness (eg the speed at which he "invaded" Crimea to protect his naval base there). No Western leader could ever have made such a move without endless debates in the press about whether it would be a good idea, by which time the opportunity for action would've passed.

But despite being corrupt like the rest of the world leadership, he is effective, unlike the shower from the Brussels or the dotard in the White House.

Not so effective at delivering economic reform though, is he? But then why would we expect that of a supercharged kleptocrat like him?

3 hours ago, DEKEM said:

war

war + civil war

“Syria may have some help with Russia, and that's fine. It's a lot of sand. They've got a lot of sand over there, so there's a lot of sand that they can play with,” he said, later adding: “I wish them all a lot of luck.”

Trump on Wednesday appeared unconcerned by the prospect of Moscow exerting new geopolitical influence amid the escalating military confrontation.

19 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Because rich Arab Muslim countries don't grant citizenship to Muslim refugees from other countries. They may let some in, let them work and live there, raise families there - but do not grant them or their families citizenship.

They look after their own citizens, first, second and last.

So that's why they all want to come to the U.K.

10 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Wonder how Europe and Russia will react when Turkey finally stops it's invasion, but retaliates by letting through all the thousands of migrants, refugees etc to storm into the neighbouring nations ?

the main reason why the British  PEOPLE voted to leave,let them seek sanctuary in the first safe country.

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2019 at 11:09 AM, fruitman said:

Then why don't the refugee's not go to Qatar where all citizens get 100.000 us$ a year from the government? Ones that work get a salary plus house on top of that.

Beacuse they are not citizens of qatar so they won't get that.. but if the go to sweeden or germany-they get free housing and spending money.. so they go there instead

On 10/15/2019 at 6:08 PM, webfact said:

Russia says 'unacceptable' Turkish incursion into Syria must be temporary

Will the death of all they killed there, be temporary also?

I'm not predicting anything mind you but does this situation feel like it's the kind of thing that could fairly easily morph onto WW3?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app