Medical Marijuana

MyTHaiMyKe

On 10/22/2019 at 9:34 PM, Solinvictus said:

I went to the Sawasdee Clinic, in Bangkok.  Got a whole set of products including 'Premium CBD,' 'JM1'-(hemp oil), 'HTL Caps,' 'oil balm,' and 'aroma' oil for nose, ears, and head. They spoke English quite well also, even a few of the nurses. Beautiful office as well.

So it's a CBD clinic...?

25 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I went to Bangkok Integrative Medecine. Got out with a bunch of Thai traditional herbs. They were sold out on CBD/THC oil but sent it by mail yesterday. 

IMG_20191120_144338.jpg

Are you able to report the effectiveness of their products and the location of the clinic as I will be in Bangkok next week and wouldn't mind checking them out.

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Are you able to report the effectiveness of their products and the location of the clinic as I will be in Bangkok next week and wouldn't mind checking them out.

2 Soi Sueksa, Silom, Bang Rak, Bangkok

I was surprised but the traditional Thai herbal medicine seems to help with my backpain. Not sure about the cannabis oil since it was mailed to me and I'm not home. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

2 Soi Sueksa, Silom, Bang Rak, Bangkok

I was surprised but the traditional Thai herbal medicine seems to help with my backpain. Not sure about the cannabis oil since it was mailed to me and I'm not home. 

Thanks I'll try and check it out as I'm also looking for back pain relief from to much hand planning wood and lifting heavy stuff for the wife.Just down the road from Phatpong maybe I should get a massage whist I'm there!

Edited by FarFlungFalang

I find that Medical Marijuana in Thailand is a joke! I purchased some of the garbage and it might help someone with a hangnail or mosquito bite! Not to help real medical problems, everything is 1% of nothing. It is like prescribing aspirin to somebody who has cancer! I have been a Medical Marijuana patient for many years and I know more about it then the Dr's selling it! You have different % and different weed, sativa and indica for different problems. It is not a one size fixes all. For those of you who think it works, great. It to me is a scam! Save your money.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/23/2019 at 2:08 PM, Solinvictus said:

They are both available. I received both on my visit. However, the Thai THC oil is labeled 'Premium CBD.'  The other hemp oil is labeled 'JM-1.'

I recieved JM-1 today from Sawasdee Clinic in Bangkok. JM-1 is 75% THC. How can they label a premium Thai CBD oil as THC? That would be the same as labeling Petrol as Diesel.

Edited by smudge77
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, MyTHaiMyKe said:

I find that Medical Marijuana in Thailand is a joke! I purchased some of the garbage and it might help someone with a hangnail or mosquito bite! Not to help real medical problems, everything is 1% of nothing. It is like prescribing aspirin to somebody who has cancer! I have been a Medical Marijuana patient for many years and I know more about it then the Dr's selling it! You have different % and different weed, sativa and indica for different problems. It is not a one size fixes all. For those of you who think it works, great. It to me is a scam! Save your money.

For the price of 2 bottles I can order some seeds from a seed bank and grow my own.Just waiting to see what they come up with when the new laws come out in March about growing at home that's been promised.It sounds like you have been using much more potent grade and your tolerances might be higher and the weaker Thai stuff has less of an impact.My tolerances are way down after having had very little for the past 15 years so I got a reasonable impact from the oil I tried.I know there are different oils available and some is under the table stuff that is obviously aimed at the more discerning customers.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

For the price of 2 bottles I can order some seeds from a seed bank and grow my own.Just waiting to see what they come up with when the new laws come out in March about growing at home that's been promised.It sounds like you have been using much more potent grade and your tolerances might be higher and the weaker Thai stuff has less of an impact.My tolerances are way down after having had very little for the past 15 years so I got a reasonable impact from the oil I tried.I know there are different oils available and some is under the table stuff that is obviously aimed at the more discerning customers.  

You can grow your own but it's not legal. The bottles with a prescription are. 

I don't want to smoke and don't want psychoactive effect. I asked for only CBD oil but the doctor only has 50%CBD/50%THC oil. CBD is supposed to reduce the high from THC. Someone who want the psychoactive effect should aim at high THC with low or no CBD. This kind of oil is not available legally in Thailand. 

The thai medical marijuana market has not much in common with what is done elsewhere and I hope it will improve. I like the high sometime but only if I grow it myself. I'm picky about genetic, harvesting and curing. ????

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

For the price of 2 bottles I can order some seeds from a seed bank and grow my own.

It ain't that easy in the tropics, the seed you buy from western seed banks are for colder climates.

They tend to rot during germination (allegedly).

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

You can grow your own but it's not legal. The bottles with a prescription are. 

I don't want to smoke and don't want psychoactive effect. I asked for only CBD oil but the doctor only has 50%CBD/50%THC oil. CBD is supposed to reduce the high from THC. Someone who want the psychoactive effect should aim at high THC with low or no CBD. This kind of oil is not available legally in Thailand. 

The thai medical marijuana market has not much in common with what is done elsewhere and I hope it will improve. I like the high sometime but only if I grow it myself. 

Yes it is available. JM-1 is 75% THC it is psychoactive and it is available in Thailand, i recieved it today from a clinic in Bangkok.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smudge77 said:

Yes it is available. JM-1 is 75% THC it is psychoactive and it is available in Thailand, i recieved it today from a clinic in Bangkok.

Ah! Possible. My doctor doesn't have it. We can expect a lot of change since it's only the beginning. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, revgreen said:

So it's a CBD clinic...?

CBD and THC Oils are available at this clinic. THC IS Psychoactive, CBD is none psychoactive. Alot of people are getting confused with CBD and THC, along with Hemp and Cannabis. Hemp” is a term used to classify varieties of Cannabis that contain 0.3% or less THC content. Marijuana  is a term used to classify varieties of Cannabis that contain more than 0.3% THC (by dry weight) and can induce psychotropic or euphoric effects on the user.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

As I understand it the Indica strains do better in cooler drier conditions and get the fatter buds and the Sativa strains are more adapted to humid conditions and have more slender buds but tend to grow much taller than the indica dominant strains with so much choice I just spend more time drooling rather than trying to decide which strain to get.I do like the 75% Sativa 25% Indica mix with THC levels in the mid 20's.I just hope Anutin gets his work done before he Phalang Patcharart Party stuff everything up.He's done very well so far so I wish him luck and am hoping for the best outcome possible for everybody as the plant has so much to offer this world and us who get to enjoy it.  

Check for landrace variety. For example: https://www.alchimiaweb.com/en/wild-thailand-feminized-3-seeds-product-1616.php

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/28/2019 at 9:34 PM, smudge77 said:

CBD and THC Oils are available at this clinic. THC IS Psychoactive, CBD is none psychoactive. Alot of people are getting confused with CBD and THC, along with Hemp and Cannabis. Hemp” is a term used to classify varieties of Cannabis that contain 0.3% or less THC content. Marijuana  is a term used to classify varieties of Cannabis that contain more than 0.3% THC (by dry weight) and can induce psychotropic or euphoric effects on the user.

I'd like to add that the CBD oil also has a slightly bitter taste

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/23/2019 at 2:10 PM, metempsychotic said:

hmm. interesting. 

and are vape cartridges available?

Given the vape hardware and any other vaping accessories are illegal in thailand I suspect not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2020 at 7:49 AM, metempsychotic said:

smudge77   

On 10/23/2019 at 2:08 PM, Solinvictus said:

They are both available. I received both on my visit. However, the Thai THC oil is labeled 'Premium CBD.'  The other hemp oil is labeled 'JM-1.'

I recieved JM-1 today from Sawasdee Clinic in Bangkok. JM-1 is 75% THC. How can they label a premium Thai CBD oil as THC? That would be the same as labeling Petrol as Diesel.

Edited November 28, 2019 by smudge77

so which is it? the posts are contradictory.

hello, have you tried smoking it please ?

i hope that you enjoy ❤️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ian Pazgon said:

The GPO is the only legal manufacturer of Medical Cannabis in Thailand. They have a "sole-manufacturer contract" that will not expire for another 4 years. All other kinds of cannabis oil found in Thailand is being produced either illegally or in a GMP facility according to Thai Traditional Medicine recipes. All GPO Cannabis Oils are thoroughly analysed and distributed with "Certificates of Analysis" (see attachment below).

I'm not trying to say all other cannabis oils are ineffective, I'm simply saying all other cannabis oils haven't been produced or analysed according to any international standards. JM-1, Premium CBD, etc. are considered Thai Traditional Medicines or compound medicines; these are not pure THC or CBD cannabis oils. Thai traditional medicine was allowed to use the cannabis ingredients after King X was enthroned last year. These traditional medicines contain cannabis and other Thai herbs.

GPO Cannabis Oils ONLY contain THC and CBD; there are no other Thai herbs mixed into their oils. GPO providers are specially licensed and their doctors issue Medical Certificates that actually have "Doctor of Cannabis & Cannabinoid License Numbers" listed on them (see attachment below). Doctors of Cannabis MUST ALSO be "Doctors of Medicine (M.D.)". Doctors of Medicine (M.D.) are the ONLY Doctors allowed to prescribe Medical Cannabis and issue valid medical certificates for patients in Thailand. Thai Traditional Medicine Doctors can NOT issue valid medical certificates for GPO Medical Cannabis.

In most instances, policeman only glance at Medical Certificates. However, for more serious matters when the Medical Certificate is thoroughly examined, it will require a "Doctor of Cannabis & Cannabinoid License Number" from a registered doctor found in the Thai FDA / Ministry of Public Health's database: http://hemp.fda.moph.go.th/FDA_MARIJUANA/SAS/VISIT_DOCTOR

CBD-Oil-Analysis-Thailand-Delivery-Subscription.jpg

Legal-CBD-THC-Cannabis-Doctor-License.jpg

Legal-CBD-THC-Certificate.jpg

Legal-CBD-THC-Doctor-MD-License.jpg

Legal-CBD-THC-Doctor-Search-License.jpg

THC-CBD-Oil-Analysis-Thailand-Delivery-Subscription.jpg

THC-Oil-Analysis-Thailand-Delivery-Subscription.jpg

Weird that you say that GPO is better ! i do not feel anything when i smoke it, and i tried many bottles !

Legal or not I don't care, I want it effective and some good shops in BKK are selling it.

I wonder why GPO is so much krap.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2020 at 11:29 AM, Ian Pazgon said:

GPO Cannabis Oil is formulated for Sublingual usage only - dropped UNDER THE TONGUE for complete absorption in approx. 20 minutes. GPO Cannabis Oil is not intended to be smoked, it has a low concentration of THC & CBD. Vaporized cannabis in the lungs have a low absorption rate, so you have to vaporize higher concentrations of THC & CBD for it to be effective. Sublingual dropped cannabis oil has a high absorption rate, so you can use lower concentrations of THC & CBD oil for it to be effective; like the GPO Cannabis Oils. Also, please be aware vaporizers and smoking cannabis oil is illegal in Thailand ????

I think this is BS.

Under tongue or smoked, the THC concentration should be the same if GPO were not idiots and people selling it scammers.

But it's ok, the black market is growing, oil is everywhere, and GPO will have to improve the potency of the $hit it is selling now or nobody will waste money buying it legally.

For someone used to THC, under tongue or smokes, GPO is as potent as olive oil.

• Like 1

I had back surgery 5 years ago and currently taking pain medicine from my Doctor here in BKK.

I've heard alot about medical weed and THC.  Is there a Doctor or clinic that can prescribe this for me so I can STOP taking the meds.  My current Doctor is NOT licensed.

Thanks

• Like 2