Jump to content
BANGKOK
ledi

Relocating to Phitsanulok?

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

 

Choose one of the green spots on this map if you can find one for your house and invest in a few canoes. 

 

That's actually a very valid point; don't just listen to the person trying to sell the land but look for the 'tide' marks as well..............:thumbsup:

 

Below where the rip is visible on the right of the photo there is a walking path, with lamp posts every 50 metres or so. (This was exceptional though, I think this was 2012 when the original photo was taken). When the river is this high, it blocks all the drainage outlets in the inner city area and they need to rig water pumps to help get rid of the excess.

 

resized_26042010972_c.jpg.4a3bbb2b94377cf9e4d81ae67506bb85.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

6 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

 

Choose one of the green spots on this map if you can find one for your house and invest in a few canoes. 

chn nr

 

Generally that's good advice. If there are rivers around, head for the high-ground well before you may need to.

Some areas that never had a problem have been sacrificed for political expediency in areas such as Bangkok. Achieved by localised 'improvements' in your area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ledi:::

I have sent you a private message. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 9:16 AM, bert bloggs said:

Used to have a girlfriend from there years ago ,went a few times ,to be honest ,would not be my destination of choice .

 

 Went there once .

 Hope this info helps ...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Maybe wgdanson will be along soon, he will know better than anybody.

It's all been said by others. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always made Lady Jane Bar a go to place on visits there. Now there nothing with that old miix i can find anymore.[emoji481][emoji85]


Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, elliss said:

 

 Went there once .

 Hope this info helps ...

Very enlightening and meaningful 

.. 

 

 

 

Edited by Artisi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live a province over and would say this about Phitsanulok from a north-central Thailand perspective:

 

1. pretty girls

2. great shopping; you can get a lot there that isn't available for the next few hundred kilometers.

3. best traditional massage in the region

4. best veterinarian in the region (phitsanulok animal hospital)

5. best hospitals in the region

6. good parks/caves

7. most impressive temple in the area (chinnarat)

8. vegetarian food availability

9. excellent fiber optic speeds / prices

10. terrible traffic delays due to the huge number of non consecutive traffic lights to get across town. Or even worse the days the police are stopping everyone. Despite being new, the highway 12 road surface outside of town is crumbling away and is the thai "modern" type that they are putting up concrete barrier medians that are not relaxing to drive. but at least it is 4 lane which is so wonderful compared to days past.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, canopy said:

I live a province over and would say this about Phitsanulok from a north-central Thailand perspective:

 

1. pretty girls

2. great shopping; you can get a lot there that isn't available for the next few hundred kilometers.

3. best traditional massage in the region

4. best veterinarian in the region (phitsanulok animal hospital)

5. best hospitals in the region

6. good parks/caves

7. most impressive temple in the area (chinnarat)

8. vegetarian food availability

9. excellent fiber optic speeds / prices

10. terrible traffic delays due to the huge number of non consecutive traffic lights to get across town. Or even worse the days the police are stopping everyone. Despite being new, the highway 12 road surface outside of town is crumbling away and is the thai "modern" type that they are putting up concrete barrier medians that are not relaxing to drive. but at least it is 4 lane which is so wonderful compared to days past.

 

thanks @canopy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 12:54 PM, recom273 said:

I stopped over after a trip to Laos. I had some work to do, so just stayed in the hotel and took it easy. A couple of things that struck me was that I always needed up on this huge straight concrete freeway with too many traffic lights, which seemed to form the backbone of the city.

 

I needed something, i forget what, I headed over to Central festival, it seemed devoid of shops, just unfilled lots.

 

I had a nice meal in the Penang steak house, it was very busy, food was good, it seems like the owner really wants to provide quality meat and do something special, it was probably one of the best pieces of meat I have ever eaten in Thailand.

 

I imagined at the time it would be quite difficult to live there, for a couple of reasons. There were a couple of private hospitals as someone mentioned, I guess this is always quite important, but I could imagine a regular trip to Chiang Mai to repair items or go shopping. 

 

Twice I went to Penang Steak House, never again. I am not sure of your idea of good meat, but it did not come up to a standard, but I find steak is not good in restaurants in Thailand 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 1:36 AM, ledi said:

As wife is originally from Phitsanulok province she'd like to move back there after 20 years from the hassle of Bangkok. She is planning to purchase a house with land in the vicinity of the city.

Will her family be living nearby? Something you should check out, I've read horror stories about that.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't do it, I lived in Bangkok for a long period of time than moved to Buriram in Isaan. Not that Buriram is a bad place its really quite nice. But the language and the lack of anything to do besides hang out at the farang pubs will drive you crazy after living in Bangkok. To each his own but thats my take. Good luck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Blue bruce said:

Don't do it, I lived in Bangkok for a long period of time than moved to Buriram in Isaan. Not that Buriram is a bad place its really quite nice. But the language and the lack of anything to do besides hang out at the farang pubs will drive you crazy after living in Bangkok. To each his own but thats my take. Good luck

says hes been here for yonks so cant see language being an issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...