BANGKOK
ledi

Relocating to Phitsanulok?

12 minutes ago, dafniusDuckus said:

says hes been here for yonks so cant see language being an issue. 

Even if the language is not an issue

still have to deal with the (Real and high) risk of boredom

Ex-wife from P'lok. Used to visit regularly, and, even now, still visit once a year to take our child for a holiday with mum - our child lives in Europe with me.

I got bored years ago, and I still get bored now. Really, there's nothing, absolutely nothing, to keep a farang occupied. It's a non-descript town, that is only useful because it's the closest stepping off point for Sukhothai.

Living there? Not a good idea at all! As a previous poster wrote, it's definitely God's waiting Room.

• Like 1

It’s a great base if you’re into touring on bikes.
New Ducati showroom just opened off the by pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

The Ducati showroom is the first thing I noticed and yes, great starting point for great big tours. That is why I am (very) open to the idea of moving there. :)
(I am not a Ducati riders, but they have my brand, too, in Phitsanulok. )

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 10/16/2019 at 11:16 AM, pgrahmm said:

Used to go there & visit a gal friend....Nice gal = but never found much that was appealing, likeable, entertaining, or convenient about the place....

Some places are just too blah - add dirty with difficult parking & very, very limited english speaking possibilities including movies, book stores, shopping, night life (dire).....

You won't have access to much of anything there versus BKK's conveniences that made life liveable....

Even with that nice little gal, I don't think I would have lasted a year there....

Your wife may feel like she's in her glory there, but, it could be very different for you....

good retort.....

• Like 1

Its an age thing,30 yers ago its was all Play , now i can ache just as well in Soi 6, or sitting by Phitsanulok Clock Tower watching Mo Cyclists getting run over !.[emoji85][emoji481]

• Haha 1

On 10/20/2019 at 10:57 AM, JaiLai said:

How often do you buy a Ducati?

Ducati.?.Been ages since i had Italian Ice Cream . They dont last 2 years like the Bicycles ca only do.!

• Sad 1

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:52 AM, cabanlit said:

Ex-wife from P'lok. Used to visit regularly, and, even now, still visit once a year to take our child for a holiday with mum - our child lives in Europe with me.

I got bored years ago, and I still get bored now. Really, there's nothing, absolutely nothing, to keep a farang occupied. It's a non-descript town, that is only useful because it's the closest stepping off point for Sukhothai.

Living there? Not a good idea at all! As a previous poster wrote, it's definitely God's waiting Room.

Totally agree with you. It's the pits. Full of traffic daytime, empty (read dead) at night.

Saying that it does have some good hospitals. And one or two shopping mails. Their Makro is also quite good.

Into big bikes are ya?.....well, the king lives in Pitts...the Mini-Donut King, that is!!

He's a hardcore Harley rider and rumbles around Thailand with his Hi-So club mates.

Definately the dude you gonna wanna hook-up with. He's got a club house in town,just look for the orange & black building (Harley colors).

Oh, another thing about that town,the traffic stops at 8am for the National Anthem!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HaleySabai said:

Into big bikes are ya?.....well, the king lives in Pitts...the Mini-Donut King, that is!!

He's a hardcore Harley rider and rumbles around Thailand with his Hi-So club mates.

Definately the dude you gonna wanna hook-up with. He's got a club house in town,just look for the orange & black building (Harley colors).

Oh, another thing about that town,the traffic stops at 8am for the National Anthem!

Thanks HaleySabai! Will search for him once I am there! 🏍️

8am traffic stop is funny...
Different from BKK... here it's at a stand still most of the day 😁

Edited by ledi

Aint stopped anywhere for years in Cities . Just village pedestrians.