Taking Thai GF to Jomtien / Bangsaen

cyril sneer

Looking for a last minute holiday near the beach for a few nights, and the Chonburi area is the closest to drive to

She isn't an ex-bar girl so doesn't want to be around them constantly, so not sure about Pattaya

She's suggested Bang Saen but from reading here it will just be full of drunk somchais.

I've suggested Jomtien but not sure if it will be full of Russians. 

Are there any other options? we're currently thinking of spending 2 nights in each. We just want somewhere close to a beach (doesn't need to be nice) and with a holiday feel, but away from scumbags...

"She's suggested Bang Saen but from reading here it will just be full of drunk somchais."

I don't know where you get that from. Place is normally very quiet apart from holiday weekends and events. I will be heading over there this evening for a quiet beer on the front.

Bang Saen has a lot to offer with a wide range of accommodation and there is a baht bus service around the town making it easy to get about.

I have lived here for over 10 years and have always liked the place.

If you want something off the beaten track, get the ferry from Sri Ratcha over to Koh Si Chang.

I have just been to Koh Sichai, 40min boat from Sriracha. Nice quite place for a couple and pretty much only Thai families at weekend. Alternatively Samet is romantic, cleaner and nicer. Bang Saen is ok, but beach/sea are as filthy as Pattaya or Jomtien

On 10/16/2019 at 9:08 AM, Jip99 said:

+1   very quiet by comparison to other places you are seeking to avoid.

Rayong is worth a look and Chao Lao beach (avoid  weekends).

KOh Samet, but Chin City, close to Rayong

On 10/16/2019 at 9:21 AM, bert bloggs said:

go to Jomtien ,its quite nice there , you have the beach ,shopping etc when we used to come to Pattaya for a few days with the wifes family ,they did not like town ,but we always stayed in Jomtien , that is before we came to Pattaya (the darkside) to live .

Where is the shopping in Jomtien?

I have been to Bang Saen several times to celebrate with students during the graduation at Burapa University there.  It is one of the oldest beaches in Thailand and is the place where Thai's went for weekend  get aways.  See, I remember the place from the sixties and as of 2018. At the graduation celebration, I had the most fun ever in Thailand.  Let's not be so high and mighty.  Enjoy life and don't be so hung up on yourself, Cyril Sneer

I have been  to Rayong beaches, which are quiet, but transportation is not convenient.  For Cyril Sneer, who is full of himself, transportation should not a problem because it seems as he has his own.

oh the memories !   Phuket when it was pristine  .     Hua Hin when it was just a rock rising out of the sea.

Pattaya ....... returning to the bars I can see the same beautiful ladies that I               s                encountered long ago .    literally   lol

.   (interesting to see how they look now, 25 years later  ????

Koh Samet .   Walking the island and eating on the almost deserted beach at night

Chiangmai.    A rose now wilting in the "haze" .  Riding the real LOOP.   Chiangmai to 

Pai      to MaeHongson  to Mae Sarieng   (dirt road Pai to Maehongson

memories i remember so well.    just can't remember where I put my glasses .

Archived