Boy, 13, shot dead by police after father U-turns at northern Thai checkpoint

webfact

20 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

sad for the boy. but how does a shot fired at a back tire (low target) end up going through the back of the cab (high target). Vert bad shooting, or shooter is lying. 

Could have hit one of the millions of pot holes and caused the gun hand to bounce while firing.  Bad timing.  Bad luck. 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Shame is something I have rarely seen in this country, denial is more prevalent, and lost face has to be returned or there are consequences! 

To be ashamed is to accept losing face;
impossible in Thailand where dying is more acceptable than losing face.:crying:

20 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

The Thai police show their incompetence day after day.  Unfortunately on this day, their poor training and incompetence led to the death of a young boy.

Coupled to the fathers poor choice of taking the son along on a drop-off and doing a U-turn at a check point.... 50/50

errors of judgement on both sides unfortunately the only innocent one got the punishment.

14 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I don’t want to deny you the ability to criticize the Thai police but an alternative view is that the father of the boy was committing a crime and had his son  in attendance whist doing so.

He then avoided a Police checkpoint and than rather than face the consequences he fled I presume committing another crime.

If he had been responsible in relation to the above the boy would still be alive.

In the US there have been numerous examples of unarmed persons particularly black people being shot by police.

It has happened in Australia as well persons being shot by Police.

In the  UK there are daily pursuits by Police of stolen vehicles and other criminals during which members of the public are put at risk, as dangerous as being shot I would suggest.

So are all of the above incompetent and lacking in training ?

I would suggest that you open your eyes and instead of being an armchair critic from the comfort of your home see what happens in the real and often dangerous world.

Hey Stevie, thank you so much for sharing your vast knowledge of police departments in western countries and being able to compare them with the highly trained Thai police, lol.  You may have over did it on the Vegemite this morning but I certainly appreciate you sharing this.

On 10/16/2019 at 4:43 AM, Just1Voice said:

sad for the boy. but how does a shot fired at a back tire (low target) end up going through the back of the cab (high target). Vert bad shooting, or shooter is lying. 

I think they are refering to the spare tyre which is usually placed on the back door of that type of pick up vans.

Shooting & deflating a tyre at the first attempt at distances greater than 5m is virtually impossible on a range in daylight when no one is firing back let alone by night, on the hoof and while panicking.

In the real world caltrops and cut offs are the norm when conducting snap VCP's.

On 10/16/2019 at 9:33 AM, webfact said:

Before commenting on this topic, please consider the subject matter and be respectful that someone has died.
Any off topic and/or insensitive posts will be removed without warning and could result in those who made the posts being banned from the site. 

/Admin

should do it more often, some nasty comments here daily about deaths

Archived