Pattaya:  Immigration announces arrest of two more Nigerian romance scammers

webfact

Pattaya:  Immigration announces arrest of two more Nigerian romance scammers

2pm1.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Thailand's immigration police have announced the arrest of two more Nigerian romance scammers.

They were part of a gang of scammers based in Pattaya that were involved in swindling 2 million baht over two years. 

The latest arrests earlier this month were part of a continuing investigation by Chonburi immigration, Nong Prue police and other agencies. 

Immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong "Big Oud" Chingduang was on hand with some vinyl boards to help present the evidence yesterday. 

2pm2.jpg

Back in July a 40 year old Nigerian and his 36 year old Thai wife were arrested. He was pretending to be an American doctor and she was going out to get the money swindled from the lonely at ATMs. 

Bankbooks and ATM cards and other items were taken into evidence and the pair were charged with fraud and the Nigerian was additionally charged with illegal entry. 

Investigations continued to round up the rest of the gang and on October 2nd at a condominium in Nong Prue two more Nigerians were taken into custody. 

2pm3.jpg

Thirty six year old Onyekachi was found in possession of a passport but was on overstay of more than four years - 1,477 days. 

Ifeany, 35, had no passport at all and is to be charged with illegal entry. 

Seven phones, three computer notebooks and a checkbook were taken into evidence. 

The pair will be prosecuted then deported, reported Naew Na. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-16

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

The same story that keeps repeating itself, and yet, the Thai authorities just don't care... any comments you make, good or bad, and you're branded a racist...

Gang! Gang! A whopping 2 million, over 2 years!!??? Would not even keep me in Leo beer!! 555????????????

6 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Unless these scammers are fluent in the local language they could not operate without local accomplices!

not really. use a fake profile phots(s) and use english and or google translate.

main reason the scam works is greed by thai women. fake american doctor promises them the world then needs some money assistance to deliver that promise.

9 hours ago, mikebell said:

Meanwhile 13,378 Thai ladies had the same charge dropped from the police files.

At least you are talking about real ladies and not fake profiles ran by black scammers sorry for the word black but i can't give them another color name as they are black 

11 hours ago, NE1 said:

Beats me why they need a bloody story board every time they arrest somebody.

Some in authority has a relative who owns the company producing them?

They made out of recyclable materials no doubt

No plastics were harmed making them

12 hours ago, kevinmartyn said:

I've worked in Lagos and Port Harcourt in the past and I can say with my hand on my heart it is the "Arm-Pit" of the world and you see dead bodies all around! How do these people gain entry!

Affordable English teachers? (maybe)

On 10/16/2019 at 10:11 AM, ezzra said:

The same story that keeps repeating itself, and yet, the Thai authorities just don't care... any comments you make, good or bad, and you're branded a racist...

Every race has committed crimes in Thailand, not just Nigerians. 

Bit more insight...........4 weeks ago a thai lady friend (only friend) of mine in her early 60s asked me to check out a Facebook profile for a guy named Vicky Singh who purported to be an american doctor from Chicago....he had approached her to be a friend but within a day was sending her messages talking about possible romance and how he was visiting Thailand shortly.......he sent her photos of a package he was sending her containing high end perfume, shoes, money etc......he would follow this parcel over to Thailand but need to stop in Turkey on buisness first...

Anyway......she gives him her Thai mobile number, a day later she gets a phone call from a Thai woman claiming to be from the Post Office here in Thailand saying that 30000 baht was needed to release the package for tax payment.......i told her to block the guy and tell the woman where to go.

Checking his Facebook revealed all the "likes" on his page to be from thai ladies in the over 50s group, although he showed no "friends" on his page............his profile photo showed a white guy in his early 40s

I reported him to Facebook and shortly after the profile disappeard......sounds like the same guys/girl

Edit.....just to add upon checking him out there is an american lady doctor with the same name who works in Chicago........just shows how devious these guys are

4 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Bit more insight...........4 weeks ago a thai lady friend (only friend) of mine in her early 60s asked me to check out a Facebook profile for a guy named Vicky Singh who purported to be an american doctor from Chicago....he had approached her to be a friend but within a day was sending her messages talking about possible romance and how he was visiting Thailand shortly.......he sent her photos of a package he was sending her containing high end perfume, shoes, money etc......he would follow this parcel over to Thailand but need to stop in Turkey on buisness first...

Anyway......she gives him her Thai mobile number, a day later she gets a phone call from a Thai woman claiming to be from the Post Office here in Thailand saying that 30000 baht was needed to release the package for tax payment.......i told her to block the guy and tell the woman where to go.

Checking his Facebook revealed all the "likes" on his page to be from thai ladies in the over 50s group, although he showed no "friends" on his page............his profile photo showed a white guy in his early 40s

I reported him to Facebook and shortly after the profile disappeard......sounds like the same guys/girl

Edit.....just to add upon checking him out there is an american lady doctor with the same name who works in Chicago........just shows how devious these guys are

gets better, a thai lady physician (real one) duped out of 4 months salary by a guy she believed had to charter a private jet to safely transport diamonds and once done he'd come to thailand and she would get triple her money back.  anyway she's working lots of overtime these days.   

Archived