Adoption - Letter of no objection from the British Embassy

chickenslegs

We are in the process of adopting our granddaughter and need the Letter of No Objection.

Even though I've been resident in Thailand for 14 years, the embassy still requires that I take independent legal advice before I sign a declaration that I am no longer habitually resident in the UK.

I have not been able to find a lawyer in Thailand who can attest to giving that advice (need to confirm they have an understanding of UK case law).

Has anyone been through this process and can give me details of their lawyer in Thailand. I live in Bang Saray, near Pattaya, but will travel anywhere.

Thanks.

40 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Speak to Sebastian at Isaan Lawyers (based on Korat) &/or check their webside as both him & site are very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, they can't help. But I'm impressed that I got a response to my email within a few minutes.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Unfortunately, they can't help. But I'm impressed that I got a response to my email within a few minutes.

Thanks.

Sebastian at Isaan Lawyers is a star. He can't do the work (not being qualified in this area of UK law) but, since my last post he's sent me some links to other firms that might be able to help.

Archived