Jump to content
BANGKOK
simon43

Annoyed with Davidshield - no renewal reminder/invoice

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, simon43 said:

with an international company called NOW My Health.  They are based in Dubai

Does it have "My" in the name or is it just - https://www.now-health.com/en/about-us/ as if so it says it is Hong Kong based but has an office in Dubai?

Not that it matters as long as it meets your needs :thumbsup:

They mention some plans can you confirm which one you went for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Simon, do you recall initially when you took out the cover, i was the one who was very skeptical and noted that there are not too many positive reviews about them, sold only through 1 broker and i contacted them directly for a quote never got a reply.

 

This is precisely why i was skeptical, because not only they do not respond to sales inquiries but offer rather cheap policies with high coverage and that is never a good sign in my opinion.

 

They may well be good company in Israel, but international policies are just not organised at all, also nolocal reps or even bank accounts.

 

They supposedly top up your card to pay the hospital, but prices are in THB and they top up in USD, you may and most likely will end up with less than more due to exchange rate and rates they see are not the rates you will get

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BestB said:

They may well be good company in Israel, but international policies are just not organised at all, also nolocal reps or even bank accounts.

I am with David Shield and you have some good points. However I am using a local broker (9 years now for other insurance) who supposedly has multiple nos. of clients signed up and is very positive about any claims experience.

 

Yes the premium gets paid to a UK based $ account but that actually suits me.

 

I have some concerns about their CS but unfortunately that seems almost par for the course for many insurance companies - I have had minor CS irritants with a no. of UK based insurers for other insurance over the recent years.

14 hours ago, BestB said:

and most likely will end up with less than more due to exchange rate and rates they see are not the rates you will get

Any proof of this or just your feeling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, topt said:

I am with David Shield and you have some good points. However I am using a local broker (9 years now for other insurance) who supposedly has multiple nos. of clients signed up and is very positive about any claims experience.

 

Yes the premium gets paid to a UK based $ account but that actually suits me.

 

I have some concerns about their CS but unfortunately that seems almost par for the course for many insurance companies - I have had minor CS irritants with a no. of UK based insurers for other insurance over the recent years.

Any proof of this or just your feeling?

Only one broker sells it was my point, and yes it’s a reputable broker but again only 1 .

 

last point is my thinking . Have a think . Your claim is in baht. They are depositing in foreign currency   But using what conversions?

 

i notice you said broker has sold many policies but why no reviews or experience of claims from anyone?

 

again, not saying bad company , just no evidence of any kind , no presence in Thailand other than a broker and from personal experience not even a reply to sales enquires. And as we read now allowed policy to lapse due to their incompetence or lack of interest 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BestB said:

Only one broker sells it was my point, and yes it’s a reputable broker but again only 1 .

 

last point is my thinking . Have a think . Your claim is in baht. They are depositing in foreign currency   But using what conversions?

 

i notice you said broker has sold many policies but why no reviews or experience of claims from anyone?

 

again, not saying bad company , just no evidence of any kind , no presence in Thailand other than a broker and from personal experience not even a reply to sales enquires. And as we read now allowed policy to lapse due to their incompetence or lack of interest 

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BestB said:

 

 

i notice you said broker has sold many policies but why no reviews or experience of claims from anyone?

 

 

i find that odd as well, so a big question mark hangs over them until i see many reviews

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@topt, yes that's the company. I opted for their Simplecare policy with $500 annual excess, and no outpatient or dental cover.

 

I can't comment as to whether DavidShield would have worked out OK.  All I can say is that my quarterly invoices (needed to allow me to send funds overseas from the local bank), arrived 2 weeks late the first time, and never arrived the second time....  That IMHO, is a <deleted> CS...., and luckily I was able to quickly switch to an alternative company, without any medical required, nor exclusions etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, simon43 said:

@topt, yes that's the company. I opted for their Simplecare policy with $500 annual excess, and no outpatient or dental cover.

 

I can't comment as to whether DavidShield would have worked out OK.  All I can say is that my quarterly invoices (needed to allow me to send funds overseas from the local bank), arrived 2 weeks late the first time, and never arrived the second time....  That IMHO, is a <deleted> CS...., and luckily I was able to quickly switch to an alternative company, without any medical required, nor exclusions etc.

If i were you, i would contact them or the broker and demand refund for previous months paid. They failed to issue an invoice, you had to change companies and now have the 6-12 months waiting period before you can make any claims. So the money you paid them was in fact a waste.

 

Threaten to file a case with an Ombudsman in UK or EU as well and i have a feeling they will refund some or all. make sure to add your email to them as evidence showing the pattern or late invoicing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...