Burnout: the curse of the modern worker

webfact

In the US it is the 

23 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Thailand totally overworks their staff and workers. If you think they get 2 days off a week, all holidays off and work only 8 hours a day then that is far off the mark.

?

Seems you are far off the mark.

There are more holidays in this country then any place I know.

Twice as many as the US or other countries.

Who is overworked?  Most any place I go professional office or where ever many are on their phones or screwing off on their computers.

The most overstaffed country in the world I think.  3 people hired to do the job of one.

Big waste.

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

In the US it is the 

?

Seems you are far off the mark.

There are more holidays in this country then any place I know.

Twice as many as the US or other countries.

Who is overworked?  Most any place I go professional office or where ever many are on their phones or screwing off on their computers.

The most overstaffed country in the world I think.  3 people hired to do the job of one.

Big waste.

Don’t know where you go but your statement doesn’t sound correct. Holidays most factory do not let their staff and employees off. They ignore 95% of them. Most factory the workers day in day out and the staff are doing jobs of 2 people. 

8 hours ago, seajae said:

from what I have seen boredom rather than burnout would be the biggest problem for workers, line and facebook are the only things that keep them occupied these days

In the West there are plenty companies who tell the staff to not play with the cellphone during work or they even have to turn it off. I wonder if they also do that in Thailand.

I just read about how in Belgium they try to stop burnouts.....the staff gets email twice a day only...and the first 2 hours of the day nobody is allowed to speak so they can all focus on their job....seems to work for them...

When i see the office where my wife works i can believe they go crazy there, they don't have any privacy, no plants inside, the boss sits alone behind all of them, EVERYBODY has a personal mirror for makeup on the desk....My wife also complainted in the past but since she gets a huge salary there are no more complaints...

On 10/16/2019 at 3:13 PM, fruitman said:

Thailand can do the same amount of work with half the staff if they just learned how to work efficient.

It's really astounding how inefficient they are compared to the West....there's so much to gain there.

But look at what the unemployment numbers would be

5 hours ago, Fred white said:

But look at what the unemployment numbers would be

I agree but there's enough to do...clean the country, make it safe, open take away restaurants (high quality ones), and so on....i would pay for that...and tourism could also flourish....

Having 2 people doing the job of 1 is hurting the economy, especially since the minimum salaries are rising every year.

Also those 2 need a place to live, commute, go to the market and so on which makes BKK far too busy and jammed.

The situation like now is bad for the whole country....one day it has to change...BKK is no fun anymore to live in....we can never go out with the car and shoppingmalls are also overcrowded in the weekends.

5 hours ago, Fred white said:

Speaking of Brits or Aussies what's the difference between undertaking and overtaking?

As a non native speaker i even know it....overtaking is on the good side (the right hand side)  and undertaking is the left side.

Well if you spend an average of 4-6 hours for travelling from home to work and back again in addition to your job, plus overtime you only have to hours left for your home evening aka housework, homework, whatever, and get up at 5.00 am in the morning again for another long day.... same thing

Archived