Ecstasy use on the rise as 28,000 pills discovered

webfact

Ecstasy use on the rise as 28,000 pills discovered

10-35.jpg
Picture: INN

The secretary of the Office of the Narcotics Control Board has said that the use of the drug Ecstasy is on the rise in Thailand. 

Known locally as "Ya E"  the colorful drug has increasingly been used by clubbers in the period from 2014 to 2019 said Niyom Termsrisuk. 

In addition there has been a rise in people seeking medical attention after taking the drug, he claimed. 

11-26.jpg
Picture: INN

The comments came after the latest busts - 4,200 pills had been posted from France to Thailand by a gang of "people of color" and 24,000 came in via Suvarnabhumi airport. 

An unnamed woman was pictured pointing at one haul. 

Niyom told INN that while Ecstasy is not the most dangerous drug it nonetheless falls under the policy of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha to end the trade in narcotics. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-16

47 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Is that the crazy new drug people were using in the early 90s ???

This drug was around in the 70's called MDA then they added something and called it MDMDA ,now they call it X or E ,sounds cool,hip, and is frankly, easier to remember...not sure though, I just do acid.....Lucy in the sky with diamonds

35 minutes ago, mok199 said:

This drug was around in the 70's called MDA then they added something and called it MDMDA ,now they call it X or E ,sounds cool,hip, and is frankly, easier to remember...not sure though, I just do acid.....Lucy in the sky with diamonds

MDA and MDMA are closely related amphetamine but are not the same drug. Both compound have been extensively documented by Dr. Shulgin in his book PIKHAL.

As a socially deficient person, I loved Ecstasy. It got me out and about and finally able to connect with people, in the San Francisco Bay Area rave and club scene in the early 00's. It is relatively safe when used in moderation, with supervision, and plenty of hydration. Unfortunately, most of the hospitalizations and bad reputation the drug's been getting are from adulterants added to the product. I quit using it around '08 after some bad experiences, clenching of fists and grinding of teeth, the result of the product being cut with meth. Alas, the good ol' days came to an end. Coincidentally, that's also when smartphones starting taking off, and people became glued to them, so it wasn't really worth it going out anymore, anyway.

On a brighter note, things are moving forward in the USA with clinical trials and getting Ecstasy FDA approval, for aliments such as PTSD and social anxiety. I think there's real promise for the drug in that area, it certainly helped me. Check out www.maps.org. I hope it's made available by the time I go back, when my Thailand adventure comes to end.

12 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

As a socially deficient person, I loved Ecstasy. It got me out and about and finally able to connect with people, in the San Francisco Bay Area rave and club scene in the early 00's. It is relatively safe when used in moderation, with supervision, and plenty of hydration. Unfortunately, most of the hospitalizations and bad reputation the drug's been getting are from adulterants added to the product. I quit using it around '08 after some bad experiences, clenching of fists and grinding of teeth, the result of the product being cut with meth. Alas, the good ol' days came to an end. Coincidentally, that's also when smartphones starting taking off, and people became glued to them, so it wasn't really worth it going out anymore, anyway.

On a brighter note, things are moving forward in the USA with clinical trials and getting Ecstasy FDA approval, for aliments such as PTSD and social anxiety. I think there's real promise for the drug in that area, it certainly helped me. Check out www.maps.org. I hope it's made available by the time I go back, when my Thailand adventure comes to end.

It was more likely mixed with speed. 

The physical effects of speed on the body are very dramatic and include what you describe. Often in Asia also cut with Special K and occasionally heroin.  Uncut MDMA is very very safe. 

Am curious if they've actually lab tested these. I couldn't see anything on pillreports.net about cartoon shaped ecstasy, which is what another report described them as.  

Archived