Cassava farmers protest Paraquat ban

webfact

2 minutes ago, Chazar said:

because were all going to starve to death when no one can grow anything

That, you know as well as me, is just a big load of bull. Nobody can say that it´s going to be impossible to grow anything if these 3 poisonous chemicals get banned. They have managed it in other countries, so there will be a solution here too. I do not have it, but experienced farmers and people involved in agriculture must have that kind of knowledge.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Matzzon said:

That, you know as well as me, is just a big load of bull.

No its comedy gold , like i feel about some of your answers., so to summarise you have no alternatives to paraquat except to grow  nothing, guess I could concrete the 15 rai

3 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Ok, tell me then. Why would I need to offer a solution? Is that just because I have an opinion that to poison people and nature is wrong? An opinon that is shared by many people.

You need to offer a solution,which you can't because this is about peoples families and how they survive.

Their not poisoning anybody and their not asking for change.

Ok if you want to go out and have a couple of pints of paraquat,up to you.

Don't blame the farming sector.

Now i offered you to come up with some figures of what impact it would have.

I have kindly done that for you,how do those figures compare to you?

And i won't even start to tell you the ramifications of the so called organic product,you can work that one out for yourself.    

9 hours ago, Chazar said:

its  ok  like Gunther whatshername they wont mind paying that new price to save the planet, heck Ill do it if youll pay, the way things are going wont be able to find anyone to spray it anyway finding any staff now is getting to be a nightmare...............plenty happy to sit around doing  <deleted>  all all day though, no end of candidates for that.

I already pay the price but none will get to you it seems. I already offered an alternative (fire) but none of you care. I don't expect to change your way. 

1 hour ago, Tayaout said:

I already pay the price but none will get to you it seems. I already offered an alternative (fire) but none of you care. I don't expect to change your way. 

You mention Joe Salatin in one sentence.

Then in the next you want to go and fry all the beneficial Arthropods in the soil.

16 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

You mention Joe Salatin in one sentence.

Then in the next you want to go and fry all the beneficial Arthropods in the soil.

I guess paraquat is a perfect solution then. Also you are not supposed to fry the soil only slightly heat the vegetation but like I said I don't expect you to change. I grow my own vegetable because it's hard to find clean stuff in my area. I import my meat grass fed from new Zealand and Tasmania but I will buy grass fed beef from my neighbour very soon. 

4 hours ago, Tayaout said:

So back to burning which is something else the govt wants to ban. Also it uses petroleum products that certain people also want to ban.

21 minutes ago, Fred white said:

So back to burning which is something else the govt wants to ban. Also it uses petroleum products that certain people also want to ban.

It's not burning. If it burns you're doing it wrong. Paraquat also need petroleum. Like I said I don't expect old farmer to change their way. It will happen anyway and I put my money where my mouth is. 

On 10/18/2019 at 7:07 AM, Tayaout said:

This is fine for fairly flat land, I have a  hill that must be about 1 in 3 even the tractor struggles up it and finding  people to even plant  the pineapples they charge more for up a  hill, but this is the only suitable crop that can be grown here.

We hand weeded for years until staff became a BIG  issue.

Archived