Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Cassava farmers protest Paraquat ban

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Viable or not, can not be put in the same sentence as safety and health.

Since when odes it matter how many persons I personally know that have been affected?

Ask yourself why other countries already banned these chemicals many years ago? It was surely not because they had enough snow or other soils and definately not for the reason of etc. etc. It was purely because the danger they pose to human health and life.

No it was because of ill informed people like yourself thinking your doing the world a favour.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

It is not the use in farming that  kills.

Say that to the European Union. On the other hand, what do they know. You know better.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

No it was because of ill informed people like yourself thinking your doing the world a favour.

 

Yep, okey! We leave it with that. All people that want to ban it in Thailand are wrong and ill informed. All countries in the world that have already banned it, was and are ill informed. I am ill informed. You, on the other hand. Hell yeah, you are the only one that is right.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, robblok said:

The problem is that if you allow some farmers to use it for this crop it will be used for other crops too in an unsafe way. Unless you think that this wont happen an government checks would be able to prevent this. The only way is to ban it otherwise it will get used for other crops too. That is just the way it is. 

Paraquat is used mainly as a weedkiller in cassava ,and as a pre-emergent weedkiller with attrazin in maize crops ,and that is about it ,if used on other crops it will more than likely kill the crop .

FYI ,some years ago I worked for a landscape gardening company ,one job the firm did was marking out a football pitch ,paraquat was used to initially kill the grass off before painting on the white lines,never heard  of any footballers getting cancer from sliding about football pitches ,and I would say it would have been used on rugby pitches in the past , even more sliding about ,and they say it can be carcinogenic. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

You did not bring one bit of substance here to the article in facts.

My plants are growing and need oxygen to thrive and your taking that away from them.

Ever heard of organic farming? If the soil is to bad, so that it´s needed to use dangerous chemicals to produce. Yeah, then its time to plant something that can grow without that beeing added. You also do not know what this poison is doing to the air, earth and water. We must all help to preserve the planet and the people for future generations and create sustainability as well as sustainable living.
 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Ever heard of organic farming? If the soil is to bad, so that it´s needed to use dangerous chemicals to produce. Yeah, then its time to plant something that can grow without that beeing added. You also do not know what this poison is doing to the air, earth and water. We must all help to preserve the planet and the people for future generations and create sustainability as well as sustainable living.
 

I'm a no-till farmer here.

 Organic but not in the way you know it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, farmerjo said:

I'm a no-till farmer here.

 Organic but not in the way you know it.

 

What? You do know that it is a world standard for organic farming? You can not create you own thing and call it organic farming.

This leads nowhere. I take it as you do not have a clue if it is affecting people, the natural food chain or air, water and earth?

Probably you do not care about sustainability either, and only about your way of easy work that makes you the profit you need.

Whatever, have a great farm week. Bye.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

What? You do know that it is a world standard for organic farming? You can not create you own thing and call it organic farming.

This leads nowhere. I take it as you do not have a clue if it is affecting people, the natural food chain or air, water and earth?

Probably you do not care about sustainability either, and only about your way of easy work that makes you the profit you need.

Whatever, have a great farm week. Bye.

Organic is improving your soil,that's where you have organic matter break down to make your soil well organic.

You must of been misled by the thousands who crumble there soil to a pulp till its worthless but don't use chemicals. and call their food organic.

Live for the future hey.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep the BAN ongoing, don't retreat!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With out Cassava I guess that means no biodegradable bags ..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rhyddid said:

Keep the BAN ongoing, don't retreat!

I say Ban the Ban....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you guys insist on selling me cassavas with Paraquat, then I have to insist on not buying your cassava at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Nope, but that can not stand as a reason or excuse to keep using chemicals in farming that kills people.

Christ Im seeing the  full wrath of a  fruitcake..................so no staff = dont grow  food ok,  good  plan.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...