Tubed to tubeless tyre convertion (motorbike)

banglay

Hello Peeps .

Does anyone know of a place in Pattaya or Chonburi/Rayong province that does a tube to tubeless tyre convertions for spoked motorbike wheels ??.

and has anyone had theirs converted and do you feel safe and confident  with the result

I know you can do it yourself but would rather pay someone whose got experience with this type of project .

Thanks in advance ????     

10 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I'm going out on a limb to say that you will need new alloy wheels to convert to tubeless

Same what a mate told me. No chance on the "standard" wheels. He had to have new wheels.

9 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I'm going out on a limb to say that you will need new alloy wheels to convert to tubeless. In which case any main dealer of your make of bike will do, wallet at the ready.

No !  this is not the case .. lots of products on the market these days and even more on youtube how to do a DIY convertion ... I am just too lazy to do it my self lol

Do you know if your rims have safety beads?
Also are you off road or main road and what size bike?

Most places (if you can find them) won't offer any guarantee against leaks when they perform this job

All in all probably easier, cheaper (in the long run) and safer to get a new set of aftermarket rims made specifically for tubeless....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

It seems you can use some "marine grade" sealer to seal the spoke holes..there is also a very sticky tape that is air tight,probably best to use both for extra chance of getting a good seal....a shop that does it in Pattaya..not a clue sorry.

1 minute ago, Anythingleft? said:

Do you know if your rims have safety beads?
Also are you off road or main road and what size bike?

Most places (if you can find them) won't offer any guarantee against leaks when they perform this job

All in all probably easier, cheaper (in the long run) and safer to get a new set of aftermarket rims made specifically for tubeless....

A friend back in the UK had his africa twin converted.....the rear wheel had the beads but the front did not ,he's not had a problem with either the front or rear ...over a 1 yrs trouble free motoring on and off road

A friend back in the UK had his africa twin converted.....the rear wheel had the beads but the front did not ,he's not had a problem with either the front or rear ...over a 1 yrs trouble free motoring on and off road
Not being funny but we are not in the UK and the level of workmanship is entirely different here

For a road going bike it's just not something that I would let these guys do

Did he actually get a guarantee on the work that they would not leak after they were converted?

As for doing this on the front wheel with no safety bead I just hope he doesn't come to regret that decision.......

15 minutes ago, Anythingleft? said:

Not being funny but we are not in the UK and the level of workmanship is entirely different here

For a road going bike it's just not something that I would let these guys do

Did he actually get a guarantee on the work that they would not leak after they were converted?

As for doing this on the front wheel with no safety bead I just hope he doesn't come to regret that decision.......

He did the convertion him self and he is more than happy with the result ..... just found a similar post on youtube you might find interesting .....  it's all about personal choice at the end of the day   

When you said "had" it inferred getting another to do it
Can you source the products here? Whenever I look for even the basics I tend to fall at the first hurdle over here

As I said earlier probably easier, cheaper etc etc

Nobody telling you not to do it, just that it comes with a few things to be aware of......

23 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Spoked rims are like tinfoil. You wouldn't catch me riding on a conversion depending on them to hold air. Just get the mags.

For adventure bikes  spoked wheel are the way to go ....they are more forgiving on the off road enviroment ..but for high speed road usage I would agree with you .....not many adventure bikes under 20000 dollars have mags ....even high end BMW GS come with spoked wheels ...but they are way out my price bracket.

Archived