BANGKOK
weegee

Absolute latest from Immigration on Insurance...

26 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Clearly states only Non O-A visa applicants need insurance

OK, have read this bit

but

26 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Extenders don't need once inside Thailand. 

Can't find this bit quoted anywhere in the police order

Actually....YES I did...

So you got the exact opposite answer to Tanochi when he asked at both his local Imm Office and the Immigration call centre in Bangkok.

So this really shows the answer you and Tanochi got is still just speculation. One of the official replies you both received as got to be wrong.

Edited by john terry1001
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, john terry1001 said:

OK, have read this bit

but

Can't find this bit quoted anywhere in the police order

Hi John....it will be there somewhere, even in another section....read my input again...I came straight home and put it up for everyone to read...before I forgot....lol.

• Like 1

Ok my heads spinning.... so I got my non imm o a multi entry visa from Oz in January this year. I’m going back to Oz in November and plan to return a few days prior to my visas expiration in January 2020, will I be expected to have Medical insurance or not?

53 minutes ago, weegee said:

TAKE NOTE :-

Done the marriage extension today at 11am and this is what they told me.

Anyone who is already here on Marriage extension DOES not have to worry about this Insurance Cover....even on renewal. NOT required

The only ones required to do so are the people who are applying at an Embassy...OUTSIDE of Thailand.

It is only applicable to NON-OA....NO one else.

AFAIK, there was never any question or serious indication that the latest insurance requirement was in any way going to apply to marriage extensions of stay or even to O visas based on marriage.

The still looming question, though, among others, is will the insurance requirement apply to people who already have O-A visas issued BEFORE Oct. 31 who then make entry to Thailand on that visa AFTER Oct. 31. On that issue, among others, there is considerable speculation.

• Thanks 2