BANGKOK
weegee

Absolute latest from Immigration on Insurance...

13 minutes ago, weegee said:

Mine is stamped the same this time....

Non-RE simply means you entered on a re-entry permit with an extension which was based originally on a Non Immigrant O Visa. I have the same stamp in my old passport when I entered on a Re-entry permit for my extension based on marriage. So it does mean re-entry and NOT retirement. Confirmed by others on Page 31 of this thread.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

On 10/19/2019 at 7:43 AM, jacko45k said:

Do you have a small insurance card? I was given one with my policy in Thailand and always have been. A summary of the cover is on mine and such detail is clear. 

Yes I have the card

I have resisted posting this thread. Already page 30+ of nonsense. Apart from insurance required for O-A or non o extensions based on retirement etc etc..

No one has mentioned minor issue. I fly out in los every 2 weeks. My last entry to DM I had friendly io ask a silly question along with I had to show him my reentry permit. Then asked me if I work los. <deleted> my pp shows non o extensiin retirement. Anyway to the point..how would this guy have ability to check insurance if I was on O-A.

Imagine a imm control entry in future with the insurance proof.

Time to fly with APEC card.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I have resisted posting this thread. Already page 30+ of nonsense. Apart from insurance required for O-A or non o extensions based on retirement etc etc..

No one has mentioned minor issue. I fly out in los every 2 weeks. My last entry to DM I had friendly io ask a silly question along with I had to show him my reentry permit. Then asked me if I work los. <deleted> my pp shows non o extensiin retirement. Anyway to the point..how would this guy have ability to check insurance if I was on O-A.

Imagine a imm control entry in future with the insurance proof.

Time to fly with APEC card.

If issued by consulate/embassy, there will be an annotation on the visa sticker itself.

If an extension, the "remarks" will likely be on you entry history when passport is scanned, but who knows at this point

image.png.382d59e4e61121a4c8d03585347dc810.png

14 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Now it would appear, that the 'cost' of that, still comes with uncertainty, officers stamping dates up to insurance expiry I may not need for 8 months of the annual policy, etc etc etc.. So not what I was looking forward to. 

Great point....!

The linkage to fixed term insurances just does not work, I'm here for 67 days this time and my trip insurance auto renewed 21 days after arrival! Would they have.only let me in for 21 days if that was compulsory, even though I had my renewal details with me. The insurance companies system was Automated, no option to generate the new cert until the.renewal date.

The insurance set up  is like a mortgage indemnity, to cover the lender, it does not appear to be a good design concept for the the user.

Two time milestones rather than one, as well as the activities outside Thailand you are planning for. It's just a mess!

There is speculation that they may expand the scope of this idea later. You think they would be able to arrange.a group insurance to cover them against the unpaid hospital bills more efficiently.

The future does not seem bright, unless you are of the mind to stagnate here.

• Thanks 1

The sound you are hearing is a creaking door. This is a trial balloon.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

36 minutes ago, domdom said:

Good morning,

Apparently Jomtien immigration told one person who came to enquire for his extension in November, that the insurance condition only applies to new OA visas issued after October 31st and subsequent extensions..

People already here with visas or extensions don t need the insurance

I go tomorrow for my 90 days and will check myself and revert

Have a nice day

That would be the ideal result.. 

46 minutes ago, domdom said:

Good morning,

Apparently Jomtien immigration told one person who came to enquire for his extension in November, that the insurance condition only applies to new OA visas issued after October 31st and subsequent extensions..

Have a nice day

I want to believe this but seeing all the trolls that has been coming here and lying I don't trust anyone anymore.  This place got me shellshocked. 

• Thanks 1

Yes... and it is in fact what Ubonjoe kept on saying..

Have a nice day

• Like 2

1 hour ago, domdom said:

Good morning,

Have a nice day

They knew last November before the amendments to orders were even published.

That's some result.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, lupin said:

If issued by consulate/embassy, there will be an annotation on the visa sticker itself.

If an extension, the "remarks" will likely be on you entry history when passport is scanned, but who knows at this point

image.png.382d59e4e61121a4c8d03585347dc810.png

Can you send a link to the original text in Thai, please ? 

23 hours ago, CharlieH said:

My advice would be to ask "your" office what and how they interpret it.

But the poster to whom you were responding is primarily concerned about the possible implications of the insurance requirement for his return to Thailand next month following a brief trip abroad!

On 10/18/2019 at 6:39 PM, flexomike said:

my biggest worry is that I am leaving the country for five days in mid November, what are the chances they don't let me in because of lack of insurance, could get ugly, I already have my re-entry permit

So, unless his local immigration office happens to be equipped with suitable devices which enable officers there to read the minds of their colleagues at BKK Arrivals with 100% success and accuracy, he would probably be far better off IMHO seeking the necessary clarification by calling the Immigration Bureau hotline on 1111 or 1178.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1