BANGKOK
weegee

Absolute latest from Immigration on Insurance...

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

All O-A Visas are valid for 1 year to enter Thailand regardless of the issuing Thai Embassy/Consulate.

Perhaps your memory isn't what it once was Bob.

Look at the 'issue' date and the 'enter before' date of your old O-A Visa, I guarantee it is 1 year.

You should learn to read.  I said one year once you enter Thailand.  But you have three months to use the visa.  i.e. if issued on 1 May you have to 1 Aug to enter Thailand.   

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Hello.

The friend, as said had his current extension valid till november 14th and so, even done yesterday extension was given till nov 14th 2020..

In the same situation another friend from Cha Am was refused last thursday for an extension due on november 18th which he wanted to do 30 days before as usual.

I showed my passport with extension dated october 4th and of course asked him about next one..

As stated he told, insurance for OA visas only and after oct 31st..

To my question "but I also have a OA visa" he said " no you don t have OA visa, you have an extension of stay"

Anyway, I go friday for my 90 days and will still ask somebody else

I thought I would maybe make a letter with copies of my documents and a payed envelope and try to get a written answer from the boss ?

Have a nice day

• Like 2

And that would mean you would only have 9 months in Thailand and not a year then , correct ?

You should learn to read.  I said one year once you enter Thailand.  But you have three months to use the visa.  i.e. if issued on 1 May you have to 1 Aug to enter Thailand.   
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, gaviny said:

And that would mean you would only have 9 months in Thailand and not a year then , correct ?

No not correct.  Once you get your visa you have three months to enter Thailand.  Once you enter Thailand you have one year from that date not the date you got the visa the DATE YOU ENTER THAILAND.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

If you got an O/A in the U.S. the visa would state that you have three months to enter Thailand.  If you did not enter during that time your visa is invalided.  I did my O/A in New York in 2005 and I remember it stating that.

Once you arrive in Thailand your have 1 year.

I got mine from Chicago in 2016 and it gives a one year period of entry on the visa

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mango Bob said:

wrong just looked at mine from 2016 and it gives one year to use it

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, flexomike said:

Wrong.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, flexomike said:

This is correct.  You have until the "valid until ________" date to enter Thailand.  That is one year after the issue date.

(It used to say "enter before" date; now it's "valid until" date.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mango Bob said:

Wrong.  

OK Bob, this is what my visa says, issued on 12 May 2016 enter before 11 May 2017 one year to use, not three months I am talking OA not O which you must be referring to

• Like 2

+ 1

Indeed I have had visas in the past ( for different countries ) that had a validity of 3 months but that is certainly not the case with the OA.

Give it up Bob you’re outnumbered !!

A photo of your visa will resolve this, one way or the other !!
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mango Bob said:

No not correct.  Once you get your visa you have three months to enter Thailand.  Once you enter Thailand you have one year from that date not the date you got the visa the DATE YOU ENTER THAILAND.

Perhaps you'd like to post a copy of this extraordinary O-A Visa Bob.

Under the 'number of entries' on this Visa does it have the letter 'S' or 'M'.

If the Visa is only valid for entry for 3 months, perhaps you could explain how just before the 'enter before date' of the Visa, your able to cross a border, re-enter and get another years permission of stay, totalling almost 2 years.

• Thanks 1

I just checked my OA Visa (multi entry) from 2008....it was issued in Aug 2008 and had to be used  by Aug 2009 (i.e., had a  12 month validity period).    I arrived Thailand Oct 2008....been doing annual retirement extensions of stay ever since. 

• Thanks 1