Renewing O visa based on marriage

Confirmation required.

im about to renew my O visa based on marriage, its due to be renewed on Nov 12th but I've to leave Thailand at the end of Oct on business, so could I get a single entry visa before leaving Thailand and start the renewing process when I return in Dec 4th.

thanks for any advice.

Jinky 

24 minutes ago, jinky said:

Confirmation required.

im about to renew my O visa based on marriage, its due to be renewed on Nov 12th but I've to leave Thailand at the end of Oct on business, so could I get a single entry visa before leaving Thailand and start the renewing process when I return in Dec 4th.

thanks for any advice.

OP, you dont renew or get a marriage visa inside Thailand, so its a little unclear what you are talking about.

Are you talking about a 90 day O visa, or a yearly extension based on marriage?

A 90 day O marriage visa cannot be extended, renewed or issued inside Thailand.. you can get another extension of stay.

As mentioned above, any re-entry permit (its not a visa) will expire the same time as a current extension of stay (also not a visa).

As it stands, you dont have enough time to do and get back a marriage extension , so it appears you may need to get another O visa outside Thailand and start again.

• Like 1

Ok gents maybe I worded this badly, I have multiple entry permit based on marriage, is it possible to get an extension to the permit and renew my multiple entry permit during the extension period, I believe this is possible just want to confirm this, thanks in advance. 

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, kiteman9 said:

you can do the renewal 15 days before your due date.

Sorry, but what are you talking about? Where are you allowed only 15 days before expiry to renew an annual extension?  And if he's actually talking about a visa, which seems unlikely, they can't be renewed at all.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, jinky said:

Ok gents maybe I worded this badly, I have multiple entry permit based on marriage, is it possible to get an extension to the permit and renew my multiple entry permit during the extension period, I believe this is possible just want to confirm this, thanks in advance. 

If you mean a re - entry permit, it's tied to your current permission/extension of stay.  As UJ said, if you apply for a new annual extension based on marriage, you'll be given an under consideration stamp and report back date. If you want a re-entry permit while under consideration, it will only be valid up to the report back date for your annual extension.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:

This gets more confusing with every reply :)

Multi entry permit ?? 30 days, 15 days ?

OP are you on a multi entry visa based on marriage (Non Imm O) or are you on an extension of stay with a multi re-entry permit ??

It's sort of hilarious because in many threads where this sort of confusion arises, someone will insist that " everyone knows what he means," even though it's obviously impossible to be certain what he means or what some responders mean.

• Haha 2