BANGKOK
webfact

Multi-tier prices at state hospitals now in effect in Phuket

When I see higher fees for foreigners, I really pi ssed  off. Please Excuse my language.

Edited by kevin612
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How convenient, scheduled treatment and prices are available in Thai only. 

Anybody out there have some information in English about prices with the three tier policy.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

“We don’t have any documents in English, but we have staff available who can explain the details to foreigners,” he added.
Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/multi-tier-prices-at-state-hospitals-now-in-effect-in-phuket-73252.php#KJB20yhhhx2WlJKA.99

No one at this stage have a downloadable pricelist in English, and how are staff with limited English going to explain the pricing structure that applies to foreigners in the different tier pricing? 

If they have already implemented these new pricing structures, why no information available in English? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow as a 40 old with some uninsurable health problems this is going to make me seriously reconsider staying in Thailand.  Almost a deal breaker,  seeing as I spend over 1 million baht a year here and have a Thai family, To have my health care costs increase exponentially just because I’m a foreigner is complete rubbish.  Looks like it’s time to marry the gf and head back to the U.S.  what a shame.  

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I think 'potential scams' would be a better word than fees

I use hospital in Penang when l do a visa run.

11 hours ago, Brigand said:

Can you just imagine the venom and spitting if the UK came out with a policy that foreigners had to pay at the NHS and natives got it for free. You would be in court before you could say "hang on."

They already do, there is an nhs surcharge to be paid every year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Skallywag said:

(Off topic to hospital pricing, but wanted to respond with my rant to onera1961) 

Brothel girls?  Man you are living in some prudish, victorian, holier than thou world.

Thailand has many women who can choose to be your paid companions and/or sex therapists. 

Am certain many end up married for good reasons or bad, and in many cases the marriage might not work out, but this happens with every man/woman relationship in every country in the world.

Yet unlike work you have been told to do by your boss (AKA pimp) to earn your paycheck, many of these Thai ladies can and do choose who they spend their time with and receive their compensation from.  

I have never heard of a Mamasan (AKA pimp) having to "fill" a quota, or "force" a lady to accompany a customer

People are miss informed if the think all bar girls have to go with you, they do not it is their choice and I have seen it happen many times when the girls say no and it can get tense.

• Like 1

There no such a thing as anti-discriminations laws in developing countries!

that's why they can afford to discriminate, but we can't in our civilized countries of origin.  

18 hours ago, smedly said:

so first they are complaining about bills not being paid - now they are making it more expensive for foreigners to pay the bills

how long do they think foreigners are going to put up with this, I know people who now travel to India for medical procedures

Including me! Dentistry and hair transplant. Thailand is too expensive now. 

• Like 1

in any western country, this would face big lawsuits

but overhere? just milk the farang, from the land of gold

why not charge EVERYBODY the same and get rid of the free health care, most people do not pay for anyway, sorry, THAI

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Skallywag said:

So, it would be OK if a U.S. citizen gets a visa to Canada and while there demands free health care?

You realize Thais only pay 30 baht for government hospital visit.

Are you saying foreigners should only pay 30 baht and if charged more it is discrimination?

please do not mix up government health care schemes (aka 30 B.), probably similar to Medic Aid, with paid services.

• Like 1