Multi-tier prices at state hospitals now in effect in Phuket

webfact

On 10/16/2019 at 4:52 PM, smedly said:

so first they are complaining about bills not being paid - now they are making it more expensive for foreigners to pay the bills

how long do they think foreigners are going to put up with this, I know people who now travel to India for medical procedures

I guess this will lower their rating as the medical hub to go for medical care they so bravely claimed a couple of years ago. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/16/2019 at 4:07 PM, kotsak said:

That's pathetic.. If I have a local health insurance why on the earth should I be charged more? Ah wait.. TIT

Foreigners  should  pay more we sre here to give to the country.

I reckon they should  have different tier system 

Price for thais

Price for locals as they live here all year round and are  more likely to use the  facilities  than a tourist  on a 3 week holiday

Price for tourists

But if an expat  is  out of their  area  in Thailand  then they should  be treated  as a tourist 

On 10/16/2019 at 10:12 PM, Skallywag said:

So, it would be OK if a U.S. citizen gets a visa to Canada and while there demands free health care?

You realize Thais only pay 30 baht for government hospital visit.

Are you saying foreigners should only pay 30 baht and if charged more it is discrimination?

Thais only pay 30 Baht to be treated for an illness, for accidents they pay the full amount. Thais themselves are rather suspicious of the 30 Baht scheme and many have private insurance for accidents but which also covers illness, there is a joke in my village, the 30 Baht scheme covers all illnesses but you have to to have all of them to get treated.

British expats have to pay double the cost of NHS treatment if they return to the UK for treatment.

On 10/17/2019 at 9:25 AM, owenm said:

“We don’t have any documents in English, but we have staff available who can explain the details to foreigners,” he added.
Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/multi-tier-prices-at-state-hospitals-now-in-effect-in-phuket-73252.php#KJB20yhhhx2WlJKA.99

No one at this stage have a downloadable pricelist in English, and how are staff with limited English going to explain the pricing structure that applies to foreigners in the different tier pricing? 

If they have already implemented these new pricing structures, why no information available in English? 

I downloaded the PDF cited in the article as to procedures and fees
http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2562/E/218/T_0004.PDF

T he procedure column is enough in English to then search for key words ... leading to the 3 tiered pricing for foreigners in Thai numerals that can be converted to Arabic numerals.
No a perfect answer but good for the short term until someone converts the 2nd half of the document to a word processor and converts the numerals by global search and replace... one digit at a time.

48 minutes ago, RPCVguy said:

I downloaded the PDF cited in the article as to procedures and fees
http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2562/E/218/T_0004.PDF

T he procedure column is enough in English to then search for key words ... leading to the 3 tiered pricing for foreigners in Thai numerals that can be converted to Arabic numerals.
No a perfect answer but good for the short term until someone converts the 2nd half of the document to a word processor and converts the numerals by global search and replace... one digit at a time.

Using free online apps and some automated translation tools gives this rough translation of the foreigner applicable portion of the PDF cited above.
I hope it helps people, but make no claims as to the accuracy of what the apps generated.Thai Gov't Hospital Medical Pricing.pdf

On 10/19/2019 at 4:07 PM, BigC said:

Foreigners  should  pay more we sre here to give to the country.

I reckon they should  have different tier system 

Price for thais

Price for locals as they live here all year round and are  more likely to use the  facilities  than a tourist  on a 3 week holiday

Price for tourists

But if an expat  is  out of their  area  in Thailand  then they should  be treated  as a tourist 

Are you mad? You must be being sarcastic... 

On 10/20/2019 at 1:09 AM, soalbundy said:

Thais only pay 30 Baht to be treated for an illness, for accidents they pay the full amount. Thais themselves are rather suspicious of the 30 Baht scheme and many have private insurance for accidents but which also covers illness, there is a joke in my village, the 30 Baht scheme covers all illnesses but you have to to have all of them to get treated.

British expats have to pay double the cost of NHS treatment if they return to the UK for treatment.

Where do you get this from? We just returned to the UK and the first place I went to was the doctors and was treated and received my medicines free "Scotland". My wife pays ony £200 per year for NHS cover. 

On 10/16/2019 at 4:16 PM, darksidedog said:

I am firmly of the belief that charges should be made for the appropriate services which have been rendered, and those should be the same regardless of who you are and where you are from. The local supermarket operates on this basis and seems to stay in business after all. The national Parks have been charging foreigners huge mark ups for years, resulting in many foreigners avoiding the places. Keep gouging foreigners and then they can scratch their heads as to why so many have left or aren't visiting anymore.

Then leave 

Your  not forced  to come  here

They had thier 2 tier system since  fornags first came here so it isn't  something new

If you  don't  like it you could have left at any time 

Please go there is the door 

On 10/17/2019 at 11:07 AM, Almer said:

A good example is KK Zoo, 2 advertised prices 1 for Thai  ID holder and 1 for others.

i have a family of now 8 and wont take them because they charge me the funder more, so we don't go, monetary loss  to the Zoo no loss to me, these ways to do business are 50 years out of date when will people/ managers realise, i live here i contribute to the economy, traders in village ask why do you shop out of the village and i tell them straight the first time i bought from you you charged me more now i go out of the village, your loss because you rob me once you get no more of my money

I remember for the resident (WP etc) foreigners they can buy a ticket at the big office behind the first gate and get a middle price of 200 baht. Thais are 150 and tourist are 250. Strangely Thais have to pay for a car @ 80 baht but the resident price has a vehicle included. So It was even cheaper.

Archived