BANGKOK
webfact

Effort to clamp down on illegal software launched

On 10/16/2019 at 10:23 AM, Momofarang said:

Goods news, won't affect us..:whistling:

Good news for Bill Gates. Kerching

There are many wau to get legally cheap licenses of the OS you need.

Like recently bought OS 10 Pro for just 800 thb from a site and was activated with a guine key.

For companies their is also no excuse anymore since the new office suite also includes the Win OS and you pay it on montlhy installment. For about 3000 th per year including mailserver

If you not want the opens ourse offers good alternative for both the OS and applications.

When you use google docs then you are open and google can read all documents including all confidentials as recently was on the news.

So actually there is for a conoany no reason not to comply to the law in this and have genuine software and the goverment/hospitals/police/immigration and so on themselfs have also to comply to this too.

On 10/17/2019 at 12:26 PM, bangkokequity said:

I love my 8 year olSUS / Windows 7.  BTW, the reason you can not go to Windows 10 has nothing to do with Windows 7, our older computers would CRAWL with Windows 10 installed.  Keep enjoying your fast, reliable Windows 7 machine, and to protect it ... get AVAST anti-virus on there to catch malware.

Not true! I have a Dell notebook with 4gb memory, i3 processor... Inspiron N4010. I have been running Windows 10 since the day it was released! Only issue have been when the likes of Broadcomm stopped supplying BT  drivers to Dell or Vice/Versa! This is an effort by the major players to push i7 and i9 Intel Processors.I had found a way around this limited issue!! A Computer/Phone Company that starts with "L" had the drivers....

My system is as fast or at times 3x's faster then it was with Windows 7!! Issue is "Drivers" and who wants to keep supplying them. NOT THE O.S.!!! Computer Manufacturers make no money by continually supplying Drivers!! The do by telling you you need a New Computer!!

Edited by davidstipek

Every computer plaza in Thailand will have the product.good luck in stopping it

They should send out forms to all government entities and offices, asking for their Microsoft Windows & Office leicenses. Oops. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 2:01 AM, miamiman123 said:

What who where is BSA?

It's an entity that copied its name from Birmingham Small Arms Company. 

Mostly famous for their wonderful motorcycles. 

Damn.. Now I got off topic. 😉

On 10/17/2019 at 7:01 AM, miamiman123 said:

What who where is BSA?

they want you to buy from them at a premium price?

ha! 

I thought they where a British motor bike company that went bust in the early 70's.

This happened before

Big hotels using  cheap illegal software

Probably orders from  foreign corporations 

I've worked at five schools. Only one used liscened software. 

In Fortune Town yesterday business as usual lol

Never bought Windows until 10 (from W 3.1.1). Fairly inferior product Windows 2000, XP and 7 aside. Some were real disasters. Even now in 10 the search function does not work correctly. 

Edited by Doge

On 10/19/2019 at 12:32 PM, onlycw said:

They should send out forms to all government entities and offices, asking for their Microsoft Windows & Office leicenses. Oops. 

It would be really fun!

On 10/16/2019 at 11:00 AM, quandow said:

Went to Panthip some time ago, tried to buy a legal copy of windows. Hahahahaha!!

(Yes, I've learned how to get a real copy since)

Went to IT-Square, asked for a licenced copy. Paid for a licenced copy - got a fake.
So do those guys know where they should start their investigations ? Don't think so ...