Chiang Mai immigration demanding insurance for extensions

If the orders are for O-A visa holders entering Thailand to have insurance, but people start paying for the special policies for anything else, then you will be stuck with it...

There was another post some weeks ago about "extra charges" & agents giving " extra services", where someone suggested by people paying previously it became a feature, by custom and practice. Many complaining, they or those preceded them may have given birth to the problem.

41 minutes ago, nausea said:

As I thought, click-bait. Anyway, my extension isn't due for renewal until March 2020, and if a week is a long timr in politics, 5 months in Thai immigration time is like something approaching eternity. Ha!

I like your thinking and attitude toward this, similar to my own. It was my intention to get an extension when the second year of my O-A finishes next April. So if what's being talked about here turns out to be true, that extension will cost me close enough to one million baht, with the money in the bank+health insurance. Nah, to rich for my blood.

Wasn't the money in the bank supposedly a surety against having health insurance? Wasn't it aledged to be one or the other? Nothing like having your cake and eating it too I suppose! Four months to decide whether to make a deposit; an eternity!

Still all this hullabaloo is bound to get things back on an even keel after all that's gone before it; the Agent & IO communities can relax and all will be well with the status quo. Fare thee well, long live Big Joke.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kelsall said:

This is what I hear in the video:

“…outpatient and 40,000 baht inpatient.  Only non-immigrant type OA from Thai Embassy or Thai Consulate only.  And you’ll start from Oct 31st.”

Same as me - no mention of extensions at all.

• Like 2

Be some interesting reading mid November when we have actual cases.

I have retirement and keep 2mil in bank to cover extension and med if needed.

I tried get health cover 2 years ago and rejected due to stent.

I am married so if retirement becomes compulsory guess switch marriage extension.

Let's see how it plays out.

• Like 1